S.S.D.D

Same Shit, Different Day.

That's Kocho Shinobu morning motto. Every single day she would wake up at seven in the morning. Not seven one, not six fifty nine, seven sharp. She will open her curtains, take a shower and dress for work. All within an hour.

At eight in the morning, breakfast will be ready. Aoi and the girls will prepare them before going to school, they are the first ones to leave the house. After that, Kanae, Shin-kun and her will eat the delicious food before her elder sister drops his kid off school and leave for the company. Shinobu on the other hand, takes a ride with the chauffer to the laboratories where she works.

And that will happen everyday, over and over and over and over again, it has been like that for the last three years. Soon it became a living hell, repeating the same shit, only the numbers in the calendar and the weather changed.

However today was just a little different. She pressed the sent button and with sweaty palms, she locked her phone before digging into the eggs, bacon and coffee.

Such small change would be imperceptible to anyone. For Kanae Kocho this was something that felt out of place, her little sister was not the type to use the phone at the table.

"What is that, Shinobu-chan?" Kanae puzzled with curious eyes "Why the smile? You hate mornings, don't you?"

Don't get me wrong here. Everyone hates mornings, today was special for her whatsoever, there is a chance to turn her monotonous lifestyle. Yesterday she asked Tomioka Giyu for his phone number so she could contact him throughout the day. This was definitely the opportunity.

"Is that strange? Maybe I just woke up in a good mood." She pointed while taking a sip of her orange juice, the bitter drink twisted her face in a frown.

"Coming from you, yes. You are always mad, you know, having that angry face will take your pretty factions away." Kanae took a napkin and with a mother's love, she wiped the face of her little boy, he is still careless to eat "Has something happened lately?"

Shinobu ran a one millisecond diagnostic inside her head. Weighing the pros and cons of telling her sister about the return of Tomioka-san, the two of them never had the best relationship, it was more of a skirmish to monopolize her; she decided that for now it would be the best to keep it secret.

Or so she thought.

"It's because of Giyu-niichan?" Shin crooned before taking a spoonful of his cereal.

The glare that came from Kanae is indescribable, her eyes pierced through all of her body, reaching her deepest fears. Her older sister transformed into a raging volcano, the next words she says could either end her life or save her.

"Tomioka-san is back and you met with him?" She asked with venomous words.

"I-it was a coincidence, he saved Shin-kun from being hit by a car an—"

"SHIN-KUN WAS WHAT!?" Even the small boy jumped when her mother slammed her hands on the table.

Shinobu knew that she didn't picked her words carefully. Now she could see the flame of rage in her sister's eyes, the earful that is coming will be one of colossal dimensions.

'Please someone save me!'

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<You two should take a stroll around downtown and the central square. Tokyo is a big city and has a lot of places to visit. Have you seen the tall buildings? The view from up there is spectacular, there are even restaurants and bars in some of them. You should visit them.