Impulse

Shinobu jumped from rock to rock. Maintaining her balance is crucial to not fall into the river. She skipped and skipped until her feet reached the ground. A bright sun illuminated her face in form of a smile.

"Ne, ne, did you saw that, Tomioka-san?" She clapped her hands together.

Giyu smiled. Kocho acted like a little girl even in this situations. Strolling through the wood can be relaxing; fresh air, chirping birds, the smell of wet soil and even the sounds of animals running around the forest. It could be a perfect date.

If it wasn't for the fact that Giyu is carrying a weapon under his clothes. The assault rifles has been disassembled and put into a large hiking backpack. However, a handgun can still be concealed.

"Hey, don't lose any second, we have to go." Sabito growled from the front, he was chosen to be the one to lead the way, but since they left the old cabin in the woods his mood became foul.

Shinobu felt a little bad for him. Since they separated in three groups, she had to wait until everyone left. First it was Tanjiro, Muichiro and Genya who walked out. The advance party had to scout in advance and prepare the alibi. The next in queue to leave were Nezuko, Inosuke and Zenitsu. They took most of the equipment and weapons with them. Their objective consists in getting them into the vehicle.

Shinobu, Sabito and Giyu were the one who remained until the end. Like the last light of the sun at dusk. The butterfly didn't said a thing. She only sharpened her ears and tried to get any hint of her whereabouts. Though, they didn't said anything about it.

They are professionals.

As they waited, Sabito received a call.

"Hello? Kanae?" His face became a frown, a weird grimace that did not suits him at all.

On the other hand, since he received a call from her older sister, it was her chance to let her know that she is alright. The opportunity couldn't come at all since they took her phone away.

'Security reasons' said Giyu.

"What!? When did that happen?" His words felt real, like a man receiving the notice of someone's death "Her whereabouts are unkown? What about the police?"

Shinobu felt her heart thumping. This man... is he putting a facade? Is he lying to Kanae? To the woman who will throw herself to the abyss for him?

"No, I came with Giyu to do some hiking." He awaited for the answer "Yes, I will."

How cruel can they be?

The call was close to end when she decided to move.

"Nee-ch—" before she could even move forward or even end a sentence, a pair of hands captured her.

One to the mouth and the other one pressing her diaphragm. She found herself unable to talk, scream or plead, even breathing took a huge amount of effort. Giyu held her back.

"Don't do anything unnecessary."

For a second Shinobu felt that the man was a complete stranger. Not the Tomioka Giyu she knew nor the one she reunited with five years later. But a different person, a stranger in the body of Tomioka-san. An individual that could take her life with no effort.

After Sabito hung up, his bad mood came.

That was an hour ago. It has been half an hour since they left behind the cabin. It returned to the state of abandoned and waiting for their next dwellers.

"Hey! I said move, you two walk like we have all the time in the world." Again he snarls at them.

Shinobu felt mourn when someone like him is upset. It felt alien. Just like when her sister rages.