Parfait

Shinobu Kocho made her way to the government office. When Douma called her, it took her with the guard down. Usually the man will go to her lab when the Senator needs to rely a message.

However, this morning the sudden summon from him took all her good mood away. She was expecting some of his low intelligence chatting, instead she got a serious tone at the other side of the line. He gave her instructions about delivering the research to the Senator since he wanted to take a look at it.

It was the first time that Shinobu heard that kind of ice coming out of Douma's mouth. He is the kind of man to be always in a mellow mood. Something felt off.

She arrived on time. Punctuality is one of her perks. Those who arrive late to any appointment should burn in hell, in the deeper circle of it, for a thousand years while being harassed by imps and Devils for all eternity.

Anyway. Kocho didn't liked anything about the offices of any institution of the government. It was neither clean nor dirty, a ton of light poured from the ceiling. Security personal posted on every corner and stalkerish cameras covering all the lobby with omniscient eyes. As if someone tries to commit a crime inside this building.

"Good Morning." Kocho Shinobu approached the receptionist, a lady on her late thirties, with a face of a woman who is tired of the routine, she doesn't even make effort to put a smile.

"Do you have an appointment?" She rasped at the ravennete.

"Oh... yes, with Hashibira Douma." Shinobu tried her best to maintain the straight face.

"Name?"

Sigh. Such troublesome woman. How can the bureaucracy be run by such attitude? She is the face of all the people behind her. Can you trust a woman who only snarls at whoever comes to visit?

"Kocho Shinobu." So close to snapping. This woman should resign her job if she's not happy.

After the not so pleasant interaction with the lady, she waited for about five minutes or so before the ash blonde came down. He was wearing a gray suit and yellow tie. He gave the vibes of a different person, not the playful man with nasty personality.

"I thought that you will not come." His voice was stoic, almost lifeless.

"Well, The senator wanted to see it, doesn't he?" She handed an envelope, with the documents and a flash drive "This is all you'll need to mass produce the drug."

Douma inspected the papers. His eyes went from line to line, from page to page. This is the work of her life, a pharmac that can change the lives of millions and millions. Even prevent any pandemics from paralyzing the world.

"Mmmm, everything seems correct." He gave the Ok and he looked at the girl "I will go back, you can go home."

Even Shinobu Kocho was taken aback when Douma returned without any try to invite her for dinner or whatever plan come to his mind. Is he sick?

After that experience, she decided to take a stroll through downtown. Central square at Shibuya can be crowded, but there will be always something to see. A sea of people going from one street to another, office workers running late, students playing hookie, young delinquents with hands tucked in their pockets, cigarettes on their mouths and a shooting glares glares whoever crossed eyes with them. You can find whatever urban tribe you want in here.

As she explored the streets she reached the Jingu Gaien. There where not a lot of people at this hour of the day. For sure that at eleven o'clock most of the citizens will be working. Shinobu felt like a teen, like those days where she was happy without knowing.