You laugh, you die

The cafeteria was bustling with energy. It is lunch hour and people swarmed the establishment. Waiters going from one table to another with trays full of food and drinks.

One of the those had some kind of aura surrounding it, a murderous energy. Two men were in front of the young woman, the men with faces like inmates waiting for execution. Both women wearing a butterfly ornament. They attracted glance from every man on the establishment.

How can they not?

Their face is what you expect of a high class lady. Refined and straight noses, slim pink lips and their eyes with unusual colors were like precious jewels that everyone yearns to have for themselves.

"This is delicious!" Shinsuke digged into the cake, such rare occasion when he can enjoy desserts while his mother is there may not come again in his lifetime.

It all happened because of Giyu-niichan and his friend. That man with peach hair and sharp eyes. Even so, he felt somewhat... connected to him. Shin-kun wanted to talk with him, but her mother always stopped and cut off all kind of interaction between them.

"So? Are you you giving any explanations to us?" Kanae frowned as her eyes pierced like knives both men "At least that's what we deserve."

"Explanation?" This time Sabito answers with a frown himself "We don't own you anything, not after what your sister did."

"I'm not talking about her, I am talking about me." Kanae clinched her fists and gritted her teeth "Do you have any idea of what it feels like to be left alone without any idea of where are you?"

Sabito flinched and exchanged some seconds of glances with Kanae. Her eyes were holding back tears. She has been never the strong woman, yet she tries her best to show that she is dependable.

She still is Sabito's weakness.

However, this time he knows that it is not his fault.

"What are you talking about?" Even Giyu was taken back by her words, he is witness and partner in crime with Sabito, he knew that the peach boy couldn't do something that cruel like that, Tomioka helped him to maintain contact with her "I sent a letter every two weeks or every month."

That is no lie. It didn't matter where they were. If the clouds poured the ground with drizzle or if the sun tried to roast them alive with relentless heat. Sabito always wrote letters to Kanae, assuring that he was alright and will go back home soon. The last part was a motivation for him to keep going even when his mind, heart and soul were on the verge of breaking.

Both girls were taken back. In these five years not a single mailman has never stopped near their estate. A thousand eight hundred and twenty five days have gone by and not a single piece of news came to the hands of the queen of butterflies. All the nights she spent vigilant, all days she told her heart to stay strong. She will never forgive him.

Still her heart held hope of seeing him again.

Was she wrong all this time about Sabito leaving just like that?

"That can't be true..." She refused to believe the words of the man, after all, he is the man who refused to stay with her.

"It's the one and only truth." Those lavender eyes sent shivers down her spine, a million electroshocks running up and down her body, an antsy but pleasant feeling.

Sabito is not a man who tell lies at all.

Kanae bit her lip. Her ideas were a mess, confusion began to spread all throughout her head. A headache began to appear.

"Onee-san..." Shinobu reached for her sister, for now she decided to stay silent. She knew that even the slightest interruption will put her in troubles.