Memories Part 3

"Be careful." Giyu commented as he extended his arms and received Mr. Kocho.

The man could not walk on his own and the Demon Slayers took turns to carry uim aside from Inosuke who took the burden of getting Ms. Kocho body to the extraction point himself.

Fatigue began to took a toll on them, only God knows how many kilometers have they walked without rest. Haste is to be made since their awareness is at it's peak.

"I fucking hate jungles." Sabito growled from the back as he slapped off another mosquito.

Giyu shared the sentiment, however he said nothing. His mind was focused on getting his team out of there.

"Nezuko, come here."

The girl made her way to the front, her small steps breaking branches and fallen leaves.

"Yes, Captain?"

"How much until the extraction point?" Giyu asked.

"Well..." Nezuko took out a small device from her pocket "Ten miles."

"Let's pick up the pace, we don't know if—"

The barking and sound of cars came to them. An echo resounded throughout the jungle, from the top to the bottom. An announcement from the hunters to their prey.

The Demon Slayers shared a glance.

"Let's go, we have them on our tail." It was Giyu who ordered the rest to keep up the pace.

With light feet, they resumed their march. If they get caught, only God knows what they will do to them. Death will be the easy way out, they will torture and sell them as slaves or even worse. Tomioka can't assure his safety at all.

The jungle swallowed their steps, escaping from pursuers letting themselves to the with the deep emerald color.

They went on for another hour before stopping. Usually this must be an easy run, if it wasn't for the terrain and extra weight it would be a walk in the park.

"Damn." Sabito cursed "Giyu, we cannot continue like this, they'll catch us in no time."

He already knew that. Even his legs are trembling from running through the jungle.

"Captain, we have to hurry, Mr. Kocho won't hold any longer." Genya informed as he gave some water to the VIP.

'I know, fuck I already know that.' Tomioka ranted in his head.

Options are running low. Energy too and the moral is starting to drop slowly and painful. If this continues then...

"Does someone have a plan?" He asked.

Tanjiro and Nezuko shook their heads, tiredness began to take a tool on them. Zenitsu's brain cells were already fried, no need to ask him for something. Inoksuke is plainly an idiot, even if he has a plan it would involve something lime charging straight to the enemy.

Muichiro raised his hand.

The least probable member of the unit took the initiative.

"Yes?" Giyu asked, more surprised than curious.

"Let's use the enemy resources."

"What?" The Captain and Lieutenant looked at each other.

"My plan is...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The jeep forced it's way through the muddy road. An improvised route they have been working on, transportation is an important part of their 'work'.