[Classified 2]

"What?" Giyu shot a glare to Shinobu, his eyes like sharp knives. If they were, she would be dead by now.

"You are not going anywhere!" The young woman ranted, how can he be so heartless?

"This is not a discussion." Shinobu roared "Are you leaving like that again? Just a mission? Are insane Giyu!?"

For a second the time froze. Her rage was not to be locked, while the man who turned on his soldier side give zero fucks about her emotions.

"Was all those day together just a farce?" Shinobu tried to held back her tears "was yesterday a mistake?"

The captain stayed silent. Maintain his composure and stoic face is the best course of action right now.

"I... I know that you have orders and all but, Giyu." Her words went lost when the piercing gaze of the man denoted his growing rage "You are leaving me again and didn't planned to say anything to me."

"I have to do what I have to do." He responded.

Shinobu knew deep inside her that whatever she says will bounce like a ball against a wall.

"Promise me that you will come back to me." She tugged the shirt of the man "I'm not talking to Captian Tomioka, but to the other man inside that head of yours. My Giyu Tomioka."

The man stood there. Silent and serious. His eyes like a glacier and her heart like a drum. Shinobu analyzed every expression the man could make, anything that could tell her what will happen next.

And yet, she has no clue of what will come out of Giyu's mouth.

The man looked at her and then to the ground, back and forth over and over again. Like a battle inside his head is taking place right now. One side is a crusade that wanted to say 'I will come back to you.' The other is a fortress with soldiers shouting 'I will not come back to you.'

When the decision came, Shinobu held her breath and balled her hands into fist. Words reached her ears and tears began to come out of her eyes.

○○○

Shinobu hugged herself as the memories of the discussion with Giyu invaded her again and again. There is no torture worse than the self-inflicted.

Her stubbornness kept replaying the scene over and over and over and over again expecting shit to change. But it was already set in stone.

"Stupid Tomioka-san." Shinobu sobbed while hiding her face between her legs.

Right now he must be doing his military work. Just like when he rescued her. That day when the reaper was roaming around her, extending the hands of the underworld to drag her down to the gates of the netherworld.

Giyu risked his own life to save her. Like a knight in shining armor.

However, life can take whatever it wants with such ease that it seems unfair. Now she is alone, heartbroken and at the verge of tears. The irony, just as the beginning of this story.

The door opened and closed with a loud bam. Heavy steps and curses came from the mouth of the one and only friend Guyu has ever known: Sabito.

"Bloody Idiot!" His voice made her jump "Fucking hell! What were you even thinking about!?"

Shinobu peeked from the room as the man rummaged through the kitchen. The peach haired man filled up a backpack with food, bottled water and... money?

"I know you are there. Come out."

The words, so cold yet so tranquil. Like he already has a plan or just a pretty good alibi to cover his rage.

"Something's wrong, Sabito?"

"Wrong?" He shook his head "It's a shitty mess. Giyu really fucked up this time."