Mesmerized

(A/N : The picture attached to this chapter has been designed by jayrkapil and it's on his Instagram account:  @the_lazetches , do check it out 😁)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wait. The Tetsurō Kuroo? Aren't you a part of the Japan Volleyball Association?"

"Wow, I did not think that you'd guess that by any means. How did you figure that out?" He genuinely was stunned. They were meeting for the first time. How would she know in any way?

"Oh, I was traveling to Rio de Janeiro years ago and ended up meeting this guy who's now a dear friend of mine. He texted me one day and told me you approached him to be a part of a collaboration video while he was a part of a volleyball team, whose name I can't remember. Mosby, Mitsubishi..."

"MSBY Black Jackals?"

"Yes, that. Wow. He sent me a picture of you guys as well. I'm so glad that I get to be sitting with you. You're so smart and might I say, very good-looking in person."

"Haha, um, I'm not great at taking compliments, but thank you," he blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. "This is very interesting. Coincidence maybe? What's your friend's name?"

"Oh, umm, Shōyō Hinata."

Kuroo laughed hysterically. "Hahaha, Chibi-chan, huh? Well, I'm not surprised by his innate ability to befriend people he meets. He even got my best friend to open up more when we were in high school..."

"Kenma Kozume, right?" Now, he was surprised at her ability to register names and possibly faces. "I've seen his streams on YouTube and Twitch and I've seen you there too, hehe. I've also played multiplayer games with him, although he'll only know me through my username haha."

Kuroo chuckled. He suddenly remembered that he found his nightingale. But he would not tell her that yet. Instead, he said, "Haha, well, what if I told you Kenma played volleyball in high school?"

"Wait, I'd never imagined him playing volleyball, of all people! Ah, no offense," Akira pulled back, laughing.

"Haha, absolutely none taken. Don't underestimate him, though. He was a really smart setter. The calculations he'd make and the way he'd determine the opponents' prior attacks were something else," Kuroo replied, proudly bragging about his best friend.

"I mean, I guess you can attribute that to his experience in gaming." She shrugged.

"Definitely. For me, I loved volleyball all my life. When I moved to Tokyo, I lived close to Kenma's house. Believe it or not, I was shyer than him," Kuroo confessed.

"I can surely tell. It's like you're forcing yourself to converse with me," she retorted, grinning at the fact that she finally was in her element. "Hey! I'm doing great now as a talker. Thank you for asking," he said with a roll of his eyes. "I'm now a pretty smooth talker," he smirked. "Oh, and that's how you get girls to sleep with you, eh? Someone seems to be all talk..." Akira winked.

"Ahem, I'll have you know I am great in bed too," he snickered back at her.

"Oh, is it? I guess we'd have to see that, shall we?" Akira winked again. "Now where were we?"

"Ugh. You almost broke my train of thought. Anyway, I'd moved close to Kenma's house, and we bonded over video games, and then..." Kuroo began talking about his love for volleyball, how he dragged Kenma into playing the game, how they both got into Nekoma High, how Kuroo was the captain of the team while Kenma was an amazingly smart setter, the "brain" of the team. He also told how he met Hinata and the Karasuno volleyball team, talking about "The Battle at the Garbage Dump."