A/N: Flashback Warnings for Akira

Howdy everyone! I hope y'all are doing well and are enjoying the story thus far. If y'all are here, then you've completed chapter 12 and you know who Akira's ex is.

As much as I love Iwaizumi, I'm sorry if the version of him pisses people off. He's one of my favorite characters in Haikyuu and this is just for the sake of the plot of the fanfic.

Anyway, the next few chapters will be flashbacks of how Akira and Iwaizumi fell in love. In short, there will be mentions of abuse, bullying and other stuff in the flashback. It's angsty I know lol, but love is formed from the darkest of places. That's how I feel at least. But trigger warnings will be mentioned, so in case you don't want to read, here's a TLDR version:

Akira and Iwaizumi were classmates in UC Berkeley and they'd become good friends. One day there was a dance competition which Akira wanted to take part in with the winners being awarded a cash prize of $2000. Iwaizumi initially refused but gave in after learning of Akira's past and after revealing his.

During the dance competition, he discloses to the judges and to Akira that he's fallen for her and while Akira loves the idea, she's scared to commit to him 'cause of the past. At her surprise birthday party, which Iwaizumi organized, and after a conversation that she has with her best friend, she's ready to start a relationship with him.

The flashbacks will last for 3 chapters. The first chapter will have all the angst, the next two will be fluffy. Hope y'all like it so far!!!

Also, I wanna give a shout-out to Hamby (@hambygernfries) on Instagram, for being so talented in the way she sketches. The picture I've placed here is an example of that.

Also, another shoutout to Jasmine (@ampalayeah) on Instagram for being the inspiration behind the headcanon that Hajime Iwaizumi is half Filipino.

These two are so talented, their pages deserve to be checked out for sure!!!! ❤️

Alright then, flashback chapters let's go!!!