Free Falling

A/N: Not me currently listening to John Mayer's songs and imagining myself dancing with Kuroo. Not me, not me. xD
Also, for the first time, I'm writing from Kuroo's POV. I'm so so so so soooo nervous about this! I love this guy and I don't want to mess it up.
Btw, trigger warning: Major angst flashback, mentions of fighting, divorce, accident, and death. So please don't kill me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kuroo's POV
At the beach volleyball game

I noticed Bokuto and Akaashi's girlfriends talking to Akira, and was lying on the lawn chair with the boys. Half of my face was covered by the shade of the umbrella, with the rest under the sun, which glistened the sweat on my body.

I love beaches. Growing up, my parents used to take my sister Misaki and me to the beach to play with the sand, learn to swim and enjoy the cool breeze while drinking fruit juices. This was before things took a turn for the worse.

I even played beach volleyball with some of my old friends before I moved closer to where Kenma used to live. Even now, I go back to the beach just to explore the water. I even ended up para-gliding, jet skiing, and kayaking on the beach. What good times they were indeed.

"Hey, Kou?"
"Yes, Kubro?"
I chuckle in response. Bokuto was a precious fellow.
"What did you guys think of Akira?" I ask all of them.
"Kuroo-san, I'm pretty sure all of us like her, but don't you think we should spend more time with her before assessing her like that?"

"True. Kuro, like the last time I told you, you don't want to be moving too fast and regretting it later on. Remember Al-"
Bokuto nudges Kenma's arm to stop him from speaking further. "Kenma, it's okay. You don't have to remind Kubro about the past. He remembers it pretty well."

Bokuto was right. I did. I could never forget how seeing that happen right in front of me hurt me. What hurt me more was to learn that she'd been cheating on me for over a month.

"Yeah, I know, guys, but..."
"Kuroo-san, the breakup happened four years ago. Yet, you just got to move on from her. Isn't it unfair to jump into a relationship with Akira-san right now? While both of your hearts are mending?"

"Akaashi's right, Kubro. Like always," Bokuto replies, smiling at Akaashi. "Kubro, you use humor as a defense mechanism to build all these walls around you. When was the last time you bore out your heart to her? Can you be for certain that she's the one for you? Because even if that's the case, you'll need time to get to know each other."

Bokuto's maturity amazed me. I'm so grateful for these boys. "Bokubro, Yukie changed you, huh?"

"Bro, to find a love that keeps you sane and allows you to be childish is rare. Akaashi and I found it in Yukie and Kaori, and we're not letting that go."

I sigh and I continue to look at Akira. Even now, I have my fun days with Oto-san and Misaki, but I miss Oka-san the most, to be honest. She would've loved Akira.

✨✨✨✨Trigger warning✨✨✨✨
Yes, our parents fought a lot to where I'd use two pillows and put them on my ears to close them, thus the rooster hair. The last time they fought, they were deciding to divorce each other, but I could see deep down that they loved each other. So, while I was still doubtful about where love can last in the long term, I believed that love still exists.

They'd stopped talking for days, but later on, Misaki convinced them to talk it out and try to reconcile. She really was a strong woman, my sister. I'd not have been able to handle that conversation well. The day they wanted to reconcile, my mother was coming back from shopping.