Will I See You Again?

Akira's POV:

It was amazing. I felt like I was on Cloud 9. Man; the sex was so good, nothing could compare to it, except for him...

I changed into my clothes, came out of the restroom first, and walked to my seat before we'd get caught. Kuroo coming back minutes later. There's something about him that made me want to get to know him more. Sure, he gave an impression of a playboy early on, but he looks like a man who wants to be loved and appreciated for who he is.

But, it's been four years since I've felt this way. I'd been on many dates, slept with some of them, and dated for some time. But none could compare to the kindhearted, smart, dominant, dark color spiky-haired man I'd fallen in love with. Until now, maybe?

"Hey, doing okay, beautiful?" Kuroo snapped me out of my thoughts, smiling at me, and I noticed that he'd changed out of his suit into some comfortable black track pants and a red t-shirt. I smiled back.

"Yes, I am now that you're here," I said, causing both of us to blush and intertwine our hands. I felt sore down there. It would be difficult for me to walk around. But I loved every moment. I hope I get to be around him more.

We kept talking about the things we liked. I found out that he was as much of a nerd as I was. We have similar tastes (although I'd still prefer chicken over fish, and I'd like my food spicier), we are beach lovers (although I still miss camping in the Rocky Mountains), and we both love The Big Bang Theory and Doctor Who. I may not be as sardonic as him, as, like Sheldon Cooper, I can't understand sarcasm most of the time, but he seems to have a persuasive way with words as I do.

He was one of the coolest nerds I'd ever seen. His sense of humor was wicked. But I could still tell that there was more to him than what he let on. I was so lucky to just sit next to him, I hoped he'd differ from the ones I'd been with, from him...

I remember a couple of years ago; in one of kodzuken's Twitch streams, kodzuken was playing Tekken because of a loss to a bet I'd made with him (I'd won over him in a Mario Kart game haha). I'd never seen him so frustrated at the game until a rooster head friend of his joined to play along with him, and that's when I'd seen Kuroo for the first time. My eyes were no longer glued to the gamer, who was now enjoying the game but on Kuroo. His face, when he was concentrating on the game, was so cute that I wanted to know him, but I didn't know his name.

That was the stream when kodzuken introduced himself as Kenma Kozume, (because of having 100k subscribers following him) and his friend as Tetsurō Kuroo, or as Kenma would call him "Kuro." You could tell from the way he'd say hello that Kuroo had a shy nature. While he didn't lack confidence, he sure seemed reticent except for his friends when they talked about volleyball or with Kenma, and it looked like they'd been close for some time. He would provoke and bicker with Kenma, and that's when I'd see him in his element. That stream was enough to make me believe that love can give second chances to people in their time of need. "I hope to see you again, Tetsurō Kuroo..."

Fast forward to today, I'd talk to him about my high school experiences. Now, I wasn't a big sports person. Rather, I was more studious, and more invested in poetry, singing, dancing, and maybe running. However there two things in sports that I was a big fan of: Track and field and Volleyball. The former in particular was something I'd loved to be a part of. Sprints, relay races, marathons, half-marathons. So hearing of his experience with Nekoma and the much-talked-about "Battle at the Garbage Dump," which sounded so cool, made me so in awe of him, his experiences. It was so nice knowing of his position as a middle blocker and seemed wise beyond his years.

Kuroo's POV

I realized she was staring at me for quite some time. Smiling at me, even. It's been a while since I felt like this. Yes, I've had good sex. Great sex even. I even fell in love once. But then, she cheated on me. With another model. Ever since then, I've had difficulty getting over her. Until now, maybe?

Akira seems to be special. She may not have had experience in sports, unlike some of her cousins, but at least we had volleyball in common. Her height didn't stop her from being a fantastic libero on the court. She had videos to prove her point, haha!

That didn't stop me from admiring her for who she is. I liked how she laughed at my poor jokes, how she could retort to my snarky comments with some of her own. She made me feel like I'm with Kenma again. At home. And the sex. Every touch felt like I was about to melt into her and become one with her.

I think she has something to hide, too. In fact, I know she does. But I will not ask her now. I'll ask her once we get comfortable with each other. She'd need a friend in Japan while she's here. I don't want to mess this up.

She doesn't know that I once saw one of her Twitch streams where she had to sing while playing a game, (that must have been because she lost to 'Kenma' while playing another game of Mario Kart, whereas that was me). I'd not seen her face then, but I'd heard her voice, which was so soothing, like that of a nightingale, that I recorded her and put that as my 'white noise.' "Will I see you again, Akira Yōki?" (I knew her name because one of her friends called out to her while she was playing. But she doesn't know that. Also, neither does Kenma, because I wanted him to know her by himself.)

And so, I did see her. And I'm sitting next to her. I'd asked her to sing something and the voice sounded familiar. She really was here, my nightingale. I'm surprised. She's so intelligent, talented, and seems to have great stamina, winning awards in olympiads, spelling bee competitions, singing, and track and field competitions. Most of all, I wish she had more confidence in herself, and not care about how people viewed her.

It's really rare to see a successful girl who's equally kindhearted and it's honestly, very hot. I hope she isn't like her...

Third-person POV

"So, the flight's going to land in Tokyo in some time. Have you figured out your living arrangements?" Kuroo asked.

"Oh, yes actually. I've been speaking with Kiyoko-san, Ryūnosuke-san, and Hitoka-chan. I'd be living with Hitoka and although the Tanaka's would live in Miyagi, we'd drive to them often, so that means I'd get home-cooked food pretty much every weekend. I hope Hitoka-chan is nice. While I'm excited, I'm not sure what the living arrangements would look like. I'm not sure how we'd be as roommates," Akira shrugged.

"That's wonderful. I know that you'll figure something out. Those names seemed familiar. Although, I'd know Ryūnosuke only as Tanaka or Baldy Guy, haha,"

"Haha, Kuroo, stop it. Right now, though, I don't know how to get there. It's nighttime already, and I don't know how safe Tokyo is."

"How about I drop you?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello again. So, it looks like Akira and Kuroo have had their share of pasts. It's probably up to them how they'll overcome those and be together. Or will they be together in the end? Who knows?

Number of words : 1306