Owls and Cats on the Beach

29th May 2021

Bokuto-san: Oi Hinata, do you know who Akira Yōki is?

Hinataaaaaaa: OMG YES I DO!!!!! I ADORE AKIRA-CHAN SO MUCH!!!

Bokuto-san: Woah Woah, don't you say that for everyone though?

Hinataaaaaaa: Well, she's not just anyone.
Remember when I was in Rio, I'd hung out with two people at the same time, before they left?

Bokuto-san: Wait! Is she a friend of your friend's fiancee?
I remember she helped you get over your homesickness.

Hinataaaaaaa: YES YES!!
She's my friend Heitor's now-wife Nice's friend :D
She's also played a couple of beach volleyball games.
So, she'll be dangerous on the sand.

Bokuto-san: AAAAH! That's so nice.
Kuroo's bringing her along for playing beach volleyball.
And he'd earlier mentioned that she met you in Rio, so I wanted to confirm! :D

Hinataaaaaaa: Absolutely! :D
Thank you for letting me know, I shall text her soon!

Bokuto-san: Wait who was the other friend? I think his name starts with O?

Hinataaaaaaa: Haha, you'll know soon enough!
Oh, and Bokuto-san?

Bokuto: Yesss?

Hinataaaaaaa: Give her a big hug from me! She's a fellow hugger so she wouldn't mind. :D

Bokuto: Okay :D

----------------------------

Bokuto was excited to play volleyball at the beach. He was told that the rules are different, with the ball being softer and certain rules not permissible on the sand as on indoor. But, he thinks he'll be fine. Especially since his girlfriend Yukie was here to cheer for him and his best friend Akaashi was here to play with him (other than reminding the rules of course).

Practicing for the Olympics, albeit fun, was getting really exhausting for him. So, he needed a change of scenario and a change of the crowd too. Despite him being friendly with everyone, the fact that he was going to play with Akaashi, Kenma, and Kuroo, was stress relieving.

It's been a long time since he'd hung out with Kuroo especially since they had a good rapport with each other. And to now learn that Kuroo's gonna bring someone along that he's potentially interested in, he was curious to see how Kuroo's fairing.

But for now, he really was glad to see an extremely fatigued Akaashi who was not going to come because of work, but then his girlfriend Kaori forced him to take a break. While Yukie ended up going somewhere, Bokuto and Akaashi sat on the bench beside the net and were talking to each other.

"Say, Akaashi?" Bokuto pats his back and gives him the iconic grin.
"Yes, Bokuto-san?" Akaashi looks at him, slowly smiling back.
"I'm glad that you could make it today. I'm sure you must be busy with all of your works at the manga company. But you need to take a break, once in a while."
"Yes, Bokuto-san," Akaashi heaves a sigh while Bokuto listens, "Udai-san's usually pleasant to work with, but ever since we've been working on Meteo Attack, the number of times I've had to proofread the grammar, spellings, the artwork, the storytelling, it's getting exhausting.

But then, Kaori's always been helpful in cheering me up. She massages my head, we switch off our electronic gadgets for some time so that I don't strain my eyes, and she helps me process my overthinking."