Are the Walls Crumbling Down?

22nd May 2021

Akira's POV

"It was you, it was you. The one who made me realize,If we can make the darkness shine, it will turn to starry skies.Don't hide your sadness behind a laughing face anymore.Because all the twinkling stars will surely shine on you..."

I had just started playing my favorite song on the piano. I hadn't played an instrument in a while, the last time being a live performance with my high school teacher, who I will always remember fondly, even after his passing. During my Bachelor's program, I performed in America. While I would like another chance to perform, it wouldn't feel the same. However, I still play and sing because music is a non-negotiable part of my life.

Suddenly, I felt calloused fingers ruffling my hair. Upon turning to look, I realized it was him. Even though he broke up with me without any explanation at all, I truly loved and missed him. His lips met mine while holding my hair and angling my neck upwards. I feel so irritated by the absence of his touch. Then he says, "I've never stopped loving you, Akira. Wake up, so you can find me." My head shakes in confusion. "Wake up?"
"Currently, I am not beside you, Akira. It's only a dream."
My seat at the piano was occupied by another voice who said, "But I am.". "Kuroo?"
"Wake up, kitten."
—————————
I woke up with a jerk, still in shock, realizing that it was all a dream. He is not here, Kuroo is. I turn to Kuroo, my eyes still puffed from all the crying last night. Wait, did I cry myself to sleep?

My right cheek was being cupped by his hand and another hand was on his lap. Have you had a bad dream, kitten?" He asked me. Casually dressed and smiling at me, he sat by the bed. God, he looks great. Having looked down, I replied, "Yeah, I guess so.". Wait, where did he sleep?
He winked at me as he said, "Before you ask, I slept on the couch. We just met and I wanted to give you some space to be alone for a while. However, the next time you'll not be alone.".
My cheeks blush as I feel a sharp pain in my chest at the same time.

Despite me being able to move on from him, I still fear being with anyone else. Kuroo, though, seems like a gentleman. I have to ensure he won't hurt me before I let down the walls of my heart. "Are you sure there will be a next time?"As I raised my eyebrows, I smirked at him. "I am sure there will be," he winked again. Why does he always make me shaky?

Although I still feel sore from last night's antics on the flight, the rest of my body feels relaxed from being in his bed. I'm so envious of Kuroo.
While his hand is still cupping my cheeks, he stares into my eyes, wanting to kiss me on the lips. But as he gets closer, the alarm starts to ring on his phone.

8:00 a.m. A little panic starts to set in. It's Saturday, I have a ton to do, but is it likely that I'll be able to get it all done? As I will be here on a student exchange visa for quite some time, I must have certain things on hand. Even though I have the resident card, I still have to apply for the Individual Number Card (like my Social Security number), as well as for a work permit so that I can work part-time while studying in Japan. I must first open a bank account so that my forex money can be deposited into the bank account.

Kuroo, I reply concernedly, slowly starting to fear. "It's 8 am. I've got a lot to do. I need to go to the bank, to the ward office..." At that time, I felt his other hand on mine, calming me down I suppose. My heart races when I feel this, but why? I haven't felt this way in a long time.

He shook his head and said, "Um, I just remembered the banks are closed on Saturdays. Even the ward offices are closed on Saturdays. I'm so sorry I forgot. You'd have to get everything done on Monday." Facepalm. I forget that I'm not in America or India. It's unrealistic to expect Japan's banks to operate on half days.