Wildest Dreams

"Say you'll remember me • Standing in a nice dress • Staring at the sunset babe • Red lips and rosy cheeks • Say you'll see me again, even if it's just in your wildest dreams..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever had a moment where you see a certain someone and all your memories flash before your eyes that very instant?

Iwaizumi's POV (YESSS FOR THE FIRST TIMEE)

Flashback:

"So, babe," she smirks at me, "we've got seven minutes in the closet," her voice lowering and sounding seductive, just for the heck of it. "How do you want to spend them?"

A couple of Akira's friends and mine were having a house party, in which we decide to play "Truth or Dare."

If we failed to answer or complete a dare would lead to being in a closet and spending "Seven Minutes in Heaven." Ugh, what a weird name. That's something Shittykawa would like.

Anyway, I like Akira's friends, the closest ones here, I mean. I think they called themselves the Mavericks? They're fun to be around, and I can have intelligent conversations with them.

Lance and Angie seem to be the closest to Akira, personality-wise, and bonding-wise. I'd always taken their help whenever I needed to reach out to her (while we'd be arguing).

So, when Krish announces that we'd be playing truth or dare, where one dare included spending "seven minutes in heaven" in a closet, I got a little ticked, because it doesn't end really well, usually.

I also like Ayaka. Long-distance friendships aren't easy to maintain. I miss Oikawa, Matsukawa and Hanamaki. The Seijoh 4. They helped me get through a crap ton of drama and pain, especially when we lost to Karasuno.

When I told Oikawa that I was proud to have him as a partner and that he's the better setter, I meant every word. That's how much I missed him and them.

Ayaka's been patient through most of Akira's issues and has guided me through understanding her. I'd love to meet her one day so that I can prove to her I will not break Akira's heart.

"How do you think?" I say, caressing her cheek and smiling. I bring my face close to hers and press my chapped lips on her soft ones.

When they were enveloped in each other, I swear I could hear some romantic music in my head. Bollywood much, maybe?

Ever since we got together, it felt like the rays of sunshine fell into the ground after a long day's rain. Yeah, she seemed like Oikawa at the beginning, which annoyed me, to be honest. But she's mentally and emotionally strong, only to be crazy at certain times.

I pull myself out of the kiss, needing air to breathe, press my forehead against hers and tell her softly, conveying every emotion with sincerity.

"As much as I want to show you how much I adore you, I want to take the kissing journey slowly. I want to explore you. The seven minutes will not be enough for me, mahal ko." (which means my love in Tagalog)

Akira, knowing what I was telling her without me uttering the words, told me, "Alright, shona. (It means sweetheart in Bangla) We shall wait until we get back home. Hajime, I love you so much."

"Akira, mahal din kita," I reply, smiling as I continue to kiss her, not realizing that we've crossed seven minutes in our heaven.

You really are one of my wildest dreams, Ira. (Mahal din kita means I love you too in Tagalog. )