Fireflies, Loyalty and Compassion - 2

(Akira's POV throughout)

(Trigger warning: It's gonna get angsty here, 'cause you know, break ups and exes drama )

15th December 2017

"Where is Hajime? I need to share something with him." I spoke to myself, grinning. I had a piece of important news to share with him. And the after-graduation party would've been the perfect occasion, especially with my birthday around the corner.

I felt my stomach bulging. I was about to tell him something that'd change both of our lives. I wore a full sleeve loose floral dress to cover my body. I entered the party. The bump hadn't grown just yet.

I saw Hajime smile after what felt like ages, as he was drinking and having fun, but then I noticed something unusual. I saw a beautiful-looking girl wrapping her arm around his. I was shocked. But, I knew better not to doubt him.

So, I tapped on his shoulder, saying, "Hey baby!" with a smile on my face. To my amusement, his smile dropped and he just said "hey," like as if he was forcing himself to. Wait, what? And then, I noticed something again, but this made my gut sink. He and the girl beside him were wearing matching rings.

Did they get engaged?

"Akira. Meet Shiori," he told me. I nodded at the girl. She nodded at me, even mouthing, "I'm so sorry." I'm not the kind to create a scene at the party, no matter how awkward the situation gets. But, something in me was wanting to scream and cry and try to understand what was happening.

The moment she excused herself to the restroom, he looked at me and told me. "Listen, we're done. My father was right. I can't be with you anymore. Let's not see each other again. Goodbye."

No. This can't happen. He's breaking up with me? He's breaking up with me? He's..breaking..up..with me? Just when I was going to tell him I was carrying his baby?

Not being able to say a word, I left. The moment I turned back, I noticed Hajime mouthing "I'm really sorry," with sad eyes. The audacity he has to break my heart like that without any explanation and be sorry about it!

As soon as I left the party, I booked a cab home. As I sat, I put a hand on my tummy, and said, "I'm so sorry, baby girl. Thank you for being in me for 13 weeks. I wish he would've gotten to know you..." and tears started to flow. Why did he do this to me?
—————————-
He can't be here. Why is he here?

"Ah. Iwaizumi-san!" Tsukishima called out to him. Kei, don't do this to me. Don't call him here. I can't do this.

"Ah, yes. Tsukishima-kun. How's your leg doing?"
"Much better, Iwaizumi-san. Thank you so much. Oh, by the way, this is our friend, Akira. She's an exchange student at UTokyo. Iwaizumi-san's an athletic trainer. While currently, he's training the Japan National Volleyball Team for the Olympics, he drove down to help me and Kogane."

Athletic trainer huh? He finally did it. He broke from his father's shadow. But I guess it was at a cost. He turns his head and looks at me, with a stunned gaze on his face. "A..a...Akira?"
It's fine. It's been four years. I can do this. I can greet him normally.
"Hello, Hajime. It's been a while."

"Hajime?! Do you guys know each other?" Tadashi asked. "Yamaguchi, it's not nice to pry." Kei clicked his tongue, nudging Tadashi's arm.

"No, Kei. It's okay. Hajime was my ex-boyfriend."
"For four years." He replied.
All of them widened their eyes in shock.

"How come you're here, in Miyagi? Oh, right. It's your hometown, isn't it?"
"Yeah. Tōru's and mine. Also, I'm here on official business. I'm here to train the Sendai Frogs for their upcoming match next week, after which, I'll be going back to Tokyo. Have to train the Olympics team."