Rewrite the Stars (A. Flashback #2)

A/N: Since I'm not really confident in describing dance moves just yet, I've attached a link to the video of the choreography that I've taken inspiration from. You'd probably be able to imagine that the OC and Iwaizumi will be dancing using this as a reference. I hope it helps you imagine and you enjoy this chapter, nevertheless. :)

"What if we rewrite the stars?

Say you were made to be mine

Nothing could keep us apart

You'd be the one I was meant to find..."

2nd December, 2013

D-Day was finally here. The dance competition I was practicing day and night for. That we were practicing for. I never saw Iwaizumi be this nervous except for when he'd play volleyball in the intramural tournaments. This is totally out of his comfort zone, but the fact that we were there for each other, made it all the more easier. We held hands to comfort ourselves, and goodness me, it felt really nice. I'd even asked my friends to help out during a certain scene in the performance. The other dance performances were superb. I'm nervous now. I hope this turns out okay.

The host then announces our names for participation. "Last, but not the least, we are excited to have Hajime Iwaizumi and Akira Yōki from sport science perform for us." Everyone starts clapping.

Okay. I've done this before. Solo. Duets, Group, all kinds of performances, but it was the first for him. I want to do this right by him. "From what we've learnt, Akira's been a pro at it, having won championships at different levels, so we're excited to see what they have in store for us." Everyone clapped. I knew that it was being recorded, so I could show this to my family whenever possible.

I'm wearing a sleeveless navy blue dress who's front end is shorter and longer at the back, short black leggings underneath and he was wearing a white shirt, with black cotton pants that'll enable him to dance free.

A video is then played explaining the scenario. We were portraying to be star crossed lovers who were separated by our families when we were kids 'cause of our economic differences, and we'd meet years later, at a party, and I'm supposed to be engaged. We then exact a small scene which continues from the video.

"Akira, you can't marry this man."

"And why can't that be?"

"Because I'm still in love with you, gosh darn it. You should have waited for me,"

"Don't lecture me about waiting, Hajime. I waited,"  I cried with tears in my eyes, "I waited for you. But I could never find you."

"But I did. I eventually found you and I need you, Akira. Please don't marry this man."

"I don't know what to do...." We found ourselves standing, crying and holding hands (I'd asked him to incorporate all the pain he felt into the performance, and he was so good), while the song starts, through which he's lip syncing, giving a soft smile and wiping my tears.

"You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide...."

We immediately start the routine that we'd practiced. Every hand movement, every jump, every lift, every lip syncing, every turn, every pose depicting the lyrics was filled with a mix of emotions. Prior angst, love(I think?) and pain. Lots of it. While I focused on my part of the performance, my peripheral view focused on him. He's dancing so beautifully, so full of grace, so nimble footed that it's helping him to jump, roll, do whatever movement necessary. I'm in awe.