One-Shot: Tetsurō Kuroo's Birthday (Part - 2)

A/N (17th Nov): OMG, the day's finally here!!
Never been this excited about the birthday of a character that I wished was real 🥺 ( Belated, but who cares?)
Happy birthday Tetsurō baby! You're so loved by your family, the Nekoma team, hopefully by the JVA, and by us fans, myself included! 💕
I have an important author's note at the end of this chapter, so do please do enjoy this chapter <33
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akira's POV

No sooner did the clock strike at midnight on the 17th of November, than I knock on Kuroo's door to surprise him. I'm pretty sure he expected Kenma would show up, but who was in front of him surprised him even more.

"Tetsu!!! Happy birthday!!" I say with a chirping tone, bringing some late-night fish and chips snacks to the door. His gorgeous black silk pajamas blended with his messed-up hair. He looked done for the day because of the amount of work the department swamped him with, but for me to surprise him surely seemed to have lifted his spirits. "Aww, for me?! That's so sweet!" he says, kissing me on my forehead.

As I enter, I notice a lot of things. The different stacks of papers, the laptop with different presentations, the number of books he was reading, the cups of coffee he was drinking just to get everything right. I believe this is how he would've been in school when he was taking college prep classes. He shrugs his shoulder, saying, "What a way to spend your birthday, right?"

Time to take the matter into your hands, Akira. Clapping my hands, twice, I say, "Okay, I understand that you're swamped with work," with Tetsu's eyes traveling with my pacing, "and that you have an important presentation coming up. So, how about this? Let me help you with the presentation, and after that, you're going to sleep, okay? OKAY?" I look into his eyes, which had widened with my louder tone. "Okay, jeez, you're already acting like nee-chan now," he says, with his palms forward as if he was telling me to calm down, getting us both to laugh.

I'd never felt more alive while working, especially with rock music in the background. Working on Tetsu's presentation with him gave me an idea of the clientele he was working with. As I was working, I noticed his eyes on me, to which I gave him The Rock's eyebrow.

The teamwork was so efficient that we ended up finishing earlier than the time Tetsu would've taken had he done it by himself. We decide to snuggle on the couch listening to some Avatar the Last Airbender Lo-Fi music. As our toes play with each other, he plays with my hair; I nuzzle against him, and we drift off to sleep. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate his birthday. But then, it gets better...

»»——⍟——««

Kuroo's POV

As I wake up early in the morning, being grateful for another year being added to my life, I turn to find Ira sleeping next to me. This girl's become important to me over the past few months. Her inner strength, her jovial nature, her laughter, the way she's with me despite our flaws and our broken past. I can't wait to say those three words to you when the time is right, because believe me when I say it's getting there.

I secretly get off the couch, prepare breakfast for myself and for her, leave it on the coffee table with a note, shower, and get ready for work. On my way to work, I get a call from my father. "Hi, Tetsu-kun!! Happy birthday, my son!" "Thank you, Oto-san," I reply with a smile on my face. Ever since my mother passed away, I've tried to maintain a close relationship with my father. It scared me we'd drift apart. However, he's been the best friend I've had, before Kenma, that is.

"So, what's the plan for today?" My father asks me. "Nothing much, Oto-san. Will give presentations until I clock off work. Following which, I'd spend time with Akira." "Oh, yeah. How's that going?"