Chapter 17

Chapter 17

You see for the past few months I have been successful in avoiding Shawn. Even though we shared an incredible night of passion, that was all it was. He was persistent though, calling me at all times and once even appearing at my apartment door. I tried my best to avoid any awkward confrontations with him because deep down I wanted him still, and I think he could sense it.

I also became very close with that rest of the crew (Tiffany, Andrew, Marcus and Damian). We had made it a regular basis of going clubbing, throwing get-togethers, watching sports on Sundays, and going to the movies.

We even went on a weekend trip to Atlantic City to gamble together, it was a plus that Shawn didn't hang around the others because of Tiffany. After they broke up, she didn't really have any interest in being his acquaintance. But when she wasn't there, he was, and I always made an excuse to leave. And since Shawn and Mike were like best friends since way back when, they remained close, which caused uneasiness in my stomach. But now there was no more running for Shawn, there he stood, and I still craved for him.

I sighed deeply and walked towards him. When he saw me he smiled and walked down the steps. He was looking mad good with his fresh hair cut, small mustache, and he was rocking a dark blue snorkel.

"What up J?" he said.

I decided to get right to the point. "You seen Mike?"

"Damn can't I get a hello." He said looking at me. He could tell by my expression that I wasn't going to answer. "Aight, I see you in a bad mood nigga. Anyway your man ain't been around here today. But when you see him tell him that the biz been a lil slow today." He said.

I began to turn around. "Yo J, is there something I could do for you?" He asked with a seductive smile. I could see his eyes and where they were looking.

"Naw, just tell Mike, if you see him, that I was here." I said turning around. I starting walking back to my car, I didn't feel very comfortable with Shawn looking at me like that. I knew what was on his mind, but I wasn't game.

"Yo J!" I heard Shawn call as I walked down the block. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. "I could ask P upstairs if he heard from Mike."

As much as I dreaded the thought of going into a secluded building with Shawn, I followed him. As I was walking up the stairs I saw about four niggas with heat on their waists. They were all grilling me, and I could tell that they didn't trust me. The building was low-lit and smelled of all kind of toxins. I then saw another guy standing guard at a door, but Shawn said something to him and he opened the door for us. Inside was a large expansive room, there were a few dusty looking Latino girls sitting on the couch snorting up who knows what. They looked real ugly and bony. I could tell that they were fiends. All the shades were down and only a small lamp lit the room. I smelled weed and spilled old liquor as well. I followed Shawn to another door where he knocked in a sequence. Then a tall well-built Latino/Black mixed man came to the door. He saw me and instantly grilled me.

"Yo whatz good P. This is my manz right here Jahmar, don't worry he cool. Yo you seen Mike today?"

"Naw, I ain't seen him today." P said still looking at me.

I felt very uncomfortable around all these dealers and shit. I knew P was just protecting his product and making sure I could be trusted. I was in their stash house, not exactly the place you let outside visitors in. I mean behind one of these walls was kilo's of cocaine, weed, X, heroin, and many other narcotics. Shit, I wouldn't trust me neither.

"Oh did he call here?" Shawn asked.

"Naw he ain't call. But yo I need to talk to you about that incident yesterday." He said to Shawn then he looked at me.