Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

When I finally arrived back at my apartment in Jersey I could hardly think. My head was spinning; the Henny really took his toll on me. I stumbled across the living room dropping my bags anywhere. I felt like I was on fire I shredded of all my clothes and went into my bed. The alcohol had not relieved any of my problems. I felt worse than ever. I wished that Mike were there with me. Oh fuck, I was supposed to call him when I got back. But honestly, my mood was killed, and I just wanted to be left alone. So, I figured I would sent him an apology text in the morning and put my phone on do not disturb. I was too drunk to coherently write him a text now.

I fell asleep for less than an hour when a loud bell echoed through my ears. Then I heard loud thumps. BANG, BANG, BANG!

"FUCK!" I screamed. I got up from my bed and recognized the noise was coming from my front door. I went to answer it, but the thumps made my head hurt.

"STOP I'M COMING! WHO THE FUCK IS IT?" I yelled.

"Yo Jahmar open the damn door nigga!" I heard a deep voice say.

I remotely recognized the voice as Mike's. I unlocked the door and let him in.

"Damn nigga I was calling your cell and even FaceTiming you. You ain't answer neither of them." He said angered. Underneath the anger was something else, wait was this nigga concerned about me.

I remembered that I put my phone on do-not-disturb and Mike was honestly not in my favorites list to be able to get a call through. I didn't want any noise bothering me.

"My bad. I-I-I turned them off." I managed to say. My speech was still slurred.

"Damn nigga what you been drinking? I ain't know your sisters had parties like that!" he said balancing me as I began to fall. "I got you shorty. I got you." Mike helped me back to my bed.

I could hardly talk anymore. I just wanted to sleep. I still heard the thumping going through my head.

Mike kissed me on the forehead and let me lay on him while he gently rubbed my head. Somehow, in his arms all the pain went away. All my problems just floated away. I felt completely comfortable in the arms of Mike.

*****

I woke up, I dont even know how many hours later, with my throat dry as fuck and my head aching to the smell of fresh coffee.

Im not going to lie, at first, I was confused as fuck as I got up off the bed and head to my kitchen to find Mike making or attempting to make me breakfast.

Aww isnt this sweet, you dont have to burn down my kitchen to wake me up though. I said causing him to jump out his skin not hearing me come in the room.

OH SHIT, fuck you stealthy as hell. And fuck you bruh, here I was trying to make your drunky ass some breakfast and coffee.

I smiled walking over to grab a cup, Well I appreciate it, for real, but honestly all I can eat right now might be toast and aspirin. As I looked at the burnt turkey bacon and eggs I knew even if I wasnt hung over I wasnt eating that shit.

I still thought his attempt was cute, but he was trying to kill me with cooking skills, or lack thereof.

As I sipped quietly on my cup of coffee and watched him finish up cooking, I couldnt stop the smile that remained on my face. After Mike finished putting the dirty pans in the sink and made his plate, he paused to look at me.

Yo, are you good? He asked as he eyes pierced through me.

I hesitated and sighed, Yeah I am good.