Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Over the next few days, I found myself constantly distracted from getting anything accomplished. I had barely filled out the first page of the Macy's application and found myself ending up on porn sites every time I even attempted to look up local colleges in the area to apply to. Sad to say, I only had dick on the brain and my trip back to NY was still a weekend away. I still planned on hitting up Brice as soon as I got to town...okay maybe after my little sisters' birthday fiasco. I was also hesitant to hang out with Jamel and Darnell since I knew they were just going to try to get me to strip at their little whole in the wall club.

Speaking of which I didn't know if I could even be a stripper. Not knocking anyone else's hustle, I just didn't see myself doing it and it wasn't what saw myself moving here to do. I knew I couldn't just sit on my ass when I both owed my friends for hooking me up with my place as well as pay for school and future bills. I needed to come up with a plan to make money one way or another, and pronto!

But pronto, wasn't at the moment and a certain guy caught my attention this particular afternoon that I had been texting back and forth making him earn the privilege to hang out again. Besides, while I wasn't ready to allow him back in my home, a nigga could take me out to eat right?

"Jahmar, you make it so hard to get back in your good graces." Mike said shaking his head as I began ordering the craziest most expensive shit off the menu.

"And who told you that you were back in my good graces or that you even were in the first place?" I responded as the server returned to the table with our drinks, fresh bread, and olive oil.

"Quit playing with me man, you out here with me ain't you? I don't wine and dine just anybody." He said giving me this serious look.

"Yeah okay, this is just ONE of the many dinners you owe me for being disrespectful." I said as I took a sip of my drink.

"Oh, so more dates already confirmed?" He smiled while raising one of his eyebrows. Fuck, I gotta be careful with this sexy fool.

"Don't get too hype now. Retribution is costly." I responded.

"Oh I'm not worried my pockets ain't shallow." He said patting his jeans. I must admit, at least to myself, that his attire was fly as fuck. I could tell he made good money doing whatever he did for a living.

"Is that a challenge?" I said now raising my own eyebrows.

"Alright be easy on me." He raised his hands in surrender and we both shared a quick laugh.

Somehow the laughter died out and I found him staring at me intensely. Oh man, the look he gave me caused my heart to speed up and I knew I needed to regain control. This guy was definitely trouble.

"Anyway," I said breaking his trance as I focused my eyes on picking up a piece of bread and dipping it on olive oil obnoxiously. "I'm only here for a good time not a long time..."

"If you don't shut your corny ass up," He laughed catching the famous line. "Don't think I can't tell you not feeling me."

"Oh please what makes you think that?" I asked putting on a straight poker face.

"Cause this feeling," He pushed forwarded moving his legs so they touched me. "Has got to be mutual."

"Aye, back off predator!" I said pushing his legs away. "You definitely have not earned the right to touch me with ANY part of your body."

"Fair enough," He said and I could see he grew uncomfortable. "Look, I," he eyes diverted from making eye contact with me and then he took a deep breath and looked at me again. "I fucked up okay? I'm really, really sorry about that."