Chapter 19

Chapter 19:   

I was driving and felt really better at that moment. Despite the fact that I might be infected, I felt incredibly special. At that moment I knew Mike loved me, despite all the bullshit between us. I believed that he was finally telling me the truth and I think he was going to be faithful moving forward after this whole ordeal. Shit, if I keeping it 100, we both were some trifling ass cheaters.

Even though we both claimed that we were using condoms, I'm still getting tested! I'm not that stupid, street dudes like that are always surrounded by females that want that dick. They see nigga getting money and automatically try to holla. I knew deep down inside that any nigga would give into temptation at least once, if not more. So getting tested, was the safest idea.

I also thought about that fine ass Shawn staring at me. He had to take sex lessons because he knew how to hit every spot on point, he could make me bust like 10 times without me touching myself. His dick is what drove me to continue to see him. I had to have him inside me at least twice a week, I promised myself. But I didn't want to do it, because guilt would torment me for doing it. I wanted to remain faithful to Mike, and at the same time be with Shawn. And the worst part is that they are best friends!!!!

My mind drifted so much my head started to hurt. I had one more thing to do, call Darnell.

I pressed the Siri button on my cell to call D and D picked up after about three rings sounding disturbed.

"What is it Jahmar?" He said bitterly.

"Damn can't a nigga get a hello?" I replied.

"J this ain't the time, I got some things to do that you are aware of so I ain't got time to listen to no bullshit." Darnell said.

I could sense he was about to hang up so I quickly thought of a lie. "Wait D! I ain't call to argue. I just called to tell you that Mike said the police is all over his block, so meet him at the park behind the liquor store, next to the club."

D seemed a little surprised at my assistance to let them fight, I could tell by the long pause. "Aight, good look J." he said hanging up.

I knew Darnell would be mad at me for lying to him. But he would get over it. I also knew that even if he didn't believe me and went to Mike's block afterwards, Mike wouldn't be there because he had told me earlier that he was going to Yonkers to go handle some "business" later that day and wouldn't be back till tomorrow.

I smiled at my accomplishment. I stopped a serious shootout from happening and possibly the death of Mike or D. I went home and decided it was nice enough to go for a jog. I changed to some sweats and a wife beater and some Adidas.I ran down the steps and down the block deciding to go to the track at the high school. But as I was running my feet took me to a different place. I stopped in front of a white building with a sign out front saying "Urgent Care Clinic." I ran inside and took a seat.

Later that night, I was watching TV, eating popcorn and fiddling with the bandage on my arm when my phone rang.I really wasn't in the mood to talk; all I could think about was my blood test results. I'm not going to lie, I was scared shitless going in there and now playing this waiting game for the results. It got me mad all over again, at Mike, and especially at myself.

"Hello" I said groggily.

"Damn shorty, why so down?" Mike replied.

"I'm just a little tired that's all."

"Oh aight, well I'm in Yonkers. I just finished doin' that business I told you about and I was thinking about you, so I called you."

"Okay that's nice." I replied nonchalantly.