Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

The line was madd long at McDonald's. I stood waiting on line for like 20 minutes. What the fuck, the sign says fast food! They need to hurry the fuck up and shit. I finally ordered my Quarter Pounder meal and was walking towards the door when someone tapped me on the shoulder. It wasn't a face I was glad to see.

"What up Jahmar? It's me Shawn." I decided to be nice and to not start anything.

"Oh whats up Shawn." I said with little enthusiasm, we then shook hands. I saw that he had ordered food too so we ate and walked towards my neighborhood. We made small talk and then he asked me about Mike.

"So how did you and Mike meet?" He asked.

"Oh he helped me with my shit when I first moved over here" I replied.

Shawn seemed to laugh at this. "Mike helped you moved in? Really? Mike never usually even helps me and the crew and we his niggaz. You're a complete stranger." He looked at me in disbelief.

What was the nigga hinting at. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well I just find that shit strange, Mike helping you and shit, he didn't even know you. That's all I'm saying" Shawn said before stuffing some fries in his mouth.

I was getting a little agitated at where this conversation was going. "Well maybe he wanted to help a nigga out, I never heard that shit was a crime nigga!" I could tell he sensed my bitterness so he changed the subject.

"Naw, it ain't no crime. Chill out, hot head. So how do you like Jersey?" he said looking directly at me as he switched the subject.

"It's aight I guess. The city got more shit to do and places to go, but I'm not hating on NJ Jersey. Its just that it doesn't seem to have that whole party scene going on over here." I said.

Shawn smirked and replied "Oh thats because you haven't been to a real Jersey party yet. Now those shits be poppin. Or you can hit the club, there's not a lot but there are some that be jumping off."

"Yeah, whatever. I dont believe any of yall little clubs touching NY. No club or party in this state can remotely even compare to how we get down in the city."

Shawn laughed. "Wanna bet? You come with me to the club tonight and you'll see. Then you can talk shit, but you'll probably be quiet cause its going to be popping."

"Aight I'll come with you or whatever. But I know I'm going to be wasting my time because that shit is going to be wack as fuck." I said cockily.

"Nigga just wait until tonight and I'll bet you'll be quiet!" Shawn said in a defensive tone. At that moment I remembered I had to dance at D's club tonight. Damn, I wanted to go with Shawn too, cause maybe I still couldnt tell what the vibe was, I had to admit he was intriguing. I never really looked at him before, but he had that same thuggish appeal as Mike and he was very easy on the eyes. Okay, the man was attractive; but I wasnt ready to admit that then. He was the type that knew they were fine, caramel complexion with light brown eyes big luscious pink lips and cute smile. He looked like a shade darker version of Michael Ealy a la the Barbershop that played the thug who worked at the barbershop without the cornrows but he had a small frow. He was a lady killer and I could see why Tiffany, his girl, was with him. He did seem to be hinting at a lot, but maybe that was just me being paranoid. I had to find out.

I decided to do both, stripping and going out clubbing with Shawn. Hopefully I wasn't too tired after dancing. So, I told Shawn to pick me up at my crib at 12:00 AM, and I gave him my address and phone number. I asked him if he lived nearby and then he said something really weird, he chuckled and told me that he actually didnt and drove to McDonalds but once he saw me, he decided to just walk with me. We then separated so he could go back to get his care and I walked the short way that remained to my home. As soon as I got home, I had to use the restroom and rush out the door again because I needed to pick up an outfit, or two, for my little sisters birthday party this weekend back home. I had a few hours to spare before I needed to get to the club, so I took my time picking out a few outfits as well as some new kicks.