Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

    To top things off, I still had to prepare for my party. The last thing I wanted was people around me right now, I didn't know how I would be able to hide my sadness and agony from my friends and family. I wanted just to put a sign on my door telling people to leave me the fuck alone, crawl into bed, and just cry myself to sleep.

But instead, I finished rearranging my furniture and set up the decorations for my party. I set up the bar and the food table. As I walked through my apartment, I saw all the things Mike had brought me and just wanted to throw it out the window. How could this nigga do this to me? He ripped my heart out of my body and left me there to die. I felt like he was my world and without him I had nothing. Maybe I should have just took a break to let him clear his head, maybe I wasn't be fair. Maybe I should have been more understanding? Did I risk everything my ending our relationship for good? Just as these thoughts brought me to tears, my doorbell rung.

I quickly wiped my tears away and cleared my throat. Then I walked slowly to the door and opened it. It was Jamel, my DJ for the night. With him, he held some equipment and a box of music.

"What up Jay? Why you take so long to answer the door?" He asked.

I forced a smile as I greeted him, "What up Mel, come on in. I was in the bathroom."

"Oh aight, where should a nigga set up?" He asked.

As I directed him to the space I cleared for him and his DJ equipment, I contemplated telling him that Mike and I weren't together any more. But decided against it. Besides what could he do? He could cheer me up or bring Mike back to me. So I held all my despair inside and tried to appear lively.

Jamel knew me well enough to know that something was wrong so as he set up he asked, "Yo what's wrong baby boy trouble in paradise?"

Paradise was long gone.... "Nothing, everything's cool. We would you ask that?" I said as I tried my best to fool him.

He caught the lie, "Bro don't bullshit me. You know I hate that shit. Tell me what's on ya mind?" He said looking directly at me.

Damn what should I say? Should I tell this nigga to get the fuck out my business or tell him what happened and stop nagging his chain?

Well he was my close friend so I should tell him. Even though he couldn't take away the pain I was enduring, maybe he give me some words of wisdom and guidance.

I decided to tell him the main aspect, "Mel Mike and I broke up." I blurted out. My eyes started to become heavy but I didn't want to cry in front of him like this. Why was I acting like such a bitch I needed to suck that shit up! But I couldn't, it was who I am, I was a little emotional.

Jamel noticed my sadness and came over to comfort me. "Don't cry baby boy. It's okay, tell me what happened yo. Why did you break up?" As I sulked in Mel's arms I realized we never hugged like this before. We gave each other brotherly hugs but never soft affectionate ones. I had to admit it felt good to be in his arms.

Jamel continued to comfort me and try to get me to tell him what happened but I was a flowing river. "Shhh stop crying yo. It's gonna be ok, trust me. Just stop crying. You know you my baby brotha and I don't like to see you hurting like this. That shit gets to me. Just tell me what happened Jahmar. "