Romanoff LLC

Y/N POV-

Tall glass floor to ceiling windows, black shining floors, pristine desks. Offices with glass walls and doors. The scent of freshly printed paper. The humming of photocopiers, printers and fax machines filling the otherwise silent atmosphere.

Romanoff LLC.

The law firm of my dreams.

I walk through the elevator doors, following the instructions I'd been given by the woman at the front desk. Level thirteen, fourth office down. I note down the directions mentally.

I walk to the office door, seeing a woman at her desk, her phone to her ear. Her eyes stay focused on the computer screen in front of her until she hears me knocking on the door.

She lifts her hand gesturing for me to go away, I slowly turn around with a confused expression on my face.

I thought she was expecting me. I look down at my watch, 13:00, I'm on time, I'm supposed to be having an interview.

As I turn, I bump into a woman, dressed in a tight back dress, cut just above her knee, black heels matching perfectly.

Her hair cascades past her shoulders in loose brown waves, but the way the light hits her hair highlights the subtle auburn shades that blend throughout.

"I'm sorry." I apologies quickly.

"No, don't worry I shouldn't have been rushing." She reassures.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," She looks up at my face taking a moment to pause "I don't think I've seen you here before."

"That's because you haven't," I gesture to the busy woman in her office "and you won't ever see me again because I just got rejected from an interview at a record-breaking time of zero seconds."

"Oh- Oh." She repeats loudly as she seems to realise something "Right you're Y/N Y/L/N you're here for the interview."

"That's me," I confirm.

"I'm Wanda Maximoff; I'm Natasha Romanoff's assistant, but you'll call her Ms Romanoff or just Romanoff... you're late for the interview but I'm sure I can get her to see you," she explains.

"Late, I'm on time," I look down at my watch which still reads 13:00 "shit my watch is broke... I'm so sorry."

"Well like I said I'll try and get her to see you, she owes me a favour anyway." She tells me.

"You don't have to; I don't want you getting in trouble for bothering her... she doesn't seem all that happy."

"Natasha, get mad at me... never. She can't I'm the best assistant she'll ever have and the only damn one who can handle her," she smiles "In all seriousness, I know that woman like the back of my hand and I've known her forever. We have this deal where I predict her ever move and fix all her problems and I get a beautifully high paycheck." She laughs.

I stand comfortable with the woman in front of me as she slightly over shares "I'm sure Ms. Romanoff is lucky to have you."

"Bet your ass she is. Anyway, I'll go talk to her, stay here." Without waiting for a response from me, she walks into Ms. Romanoff's office.

I watch them talk for a while; Ms. Romanoff's eyes glare over at me through the glass. I quickly avert my attention away from her, but I can still feel her eyes burning into my skin.

I hear the click of heels growing louder and the scent of sweet perfume growing stronger, so I turn back around to see Wanda.

"She'll see you in five... good luck."