At Her Mercy

(Press play now if you'd like)

Y/N POV-

"Wanda." I call her name as I walk over to her desk. She doesn't lift her head, she completely ignores me.

"Wanda?" I repeat, now standing right in front of her desk, so I know she heard me.

"Y/N, we're at work we're supposed to act like I didn't totally rock your world last night. Remember?" She continues typing on her computer.

"Right, yes. I'm very aware of that but you're still Natasha's assistant so I need to talk to you... about Natasha."

She sighs finally looking up at me. Her face contours with confusion as I stare at her with utter disbelief written all over me.

"Y/N what happened?"

"I'm scared." I feel my chest tighten as I start to panic.

"Y/N tell me what happened!"

"Nothing, nothing happened... I made her furious, I went behind her back to prove a point that she was wrong, I left yesterday before she had chance to yell at me..."

Wanda snickers "I remember."

"No but this morning I dreaded waking into her office and when I finally did she didn't say a word. She didn't even yell, she was nice. Wanda what's going on?"

I've avoided Natasha as much as possible all day. This niceness she's giving me is like the calm before a storm and very soon she's going to make it rain and I'm not prepared for it.

"I'm sorry Y/N I've no idea... just be happy she's not mad." She shrugs.

"That was the lamest answer I've ever heard... Natasha, not mad you're crazy. She's probably waiting for me round the corner with a gun."

Wanda laughs "hey, calm down. Don't stress yourself out because there's nothing I can do here but she's not going to kill you just talk to her... I'm swamped, I don't have time to do this right now but dinner tonight?"

"I'll see, at any moment she could go crazy at me so I'm not sure if I'll be coming home but I'll try." I breathe slowly trying to calm myself down.

"Good, I'll come and find you before I leave and we'll sort it out then but for now I've got work to do and you need to talk to Natasha."

Natasha's office is empty, I walk in anyway and decide to wait there for her. Down on her desk, I notice something, a contract. I tell myself to stop reading but continue regardless, a grin forming on my face as I do so.

She took my advice.

She made a new contact for Mrs West because I was right. Somehow, despite her continuous teasing she actually listened to me.

This is why she isn't angry.

Whether she'll admit it to my face or not, I was right. I did my job, I did it well and now Mrs West won't loose out on her money and Natasha will keep her client.

A woman knocks on the glass; she's tall, dark hair twisted back into a loose bun with blue, crystal-like eyes and bright smile. I gesture for her to come in.

She walks over to me, shaking my hand. "Hi I'm Maria Hill you rang yesterday regarding the Associates position."

I let go over her hand "I'm sorry what?"

She narrows her eyebrows "yeah yesterday you called and told me you were reconsidering the associates place."

I Shake my head forcing a smile "I'm sorry I'm not Ms. Romanoff."