Sleepless Nights

Y/N POV-

I count the minutes and hours of time I have to sleep each time my eyes catch sight of the alarm clock beside my bed. 2:45 am, I have about three hours and fifteen minutes before I have to be up and awake ready for work and I've slept, as of right now, zero hours, zero minutes, and zero seconds.

Though each time I blink the pause between the darkness of my mind and the almost darkness of my room gets longer I find no success in actually falling asleep.

Neither nerves nor excitement are the reason for my sleepless night, even if tomorrow is the first official day of the merger, Romanoff & Danvers LLC.

The only reason I find myself in this sleepless position is through no fault of my own.

Each time my body relaxes, sinking itself into the softness of my mattress I find myself drifting off to a world that doesn't exist, a world I refuse to get myself too wrapped up in, worried that should I get a taste of this particular world I'll never be able to give it up.

I fight to force myself to stay awake but inevitably biology takes over, my long blinks eventually stop leaving my eyes shut tight, letting my mind free fall until I finally land in my own make-believe world.

Natasha's hands are on my skin, catching me as I land. There's nothing but darkness all around us and yet her skin glows as if the orange hue of the sunset is shining down on her.

Golden satiny skin against mine, silk sheets beneath our bodies. Sultry-sweet perfume wraps around my neck pulling me closer to her against my will. Her lips barely brush against mine as her heavy breaths fall into my mouth.

Irresistibly close in the isolation of my own mind and pleasure, I can do anything I want with her or have her doing anything I want to me.

Whatever my imagination can contour in my mind can be mine if I want it. Her red hair falls around her face as she hovers over me with her thigh pushed between my legs, applying the softest pressure between my thighs.

With a flash of my mind, my hands are tied above my head, my heart pounding in my chest as my arms pull on the restraints.

The lightest butterfly kisses softly flutter over my neck up to my ear as she whispers, "I want you."

My mouth falls open as I exhale heavily, my hips jolt forwards while my back arches in sweet, futile desperation.

As I attempt to tell her I want her back my voice is silenced, my words completely inaudible. The restraints tighten burning my wrists.

As Natasha hovers her head above mine, she opens her eyes. Once green eyes are now clear like glass, reflections of Wanda dancing inside of them.

Previous pleasure twists and turns into guilt and envy as my blood rushes through my veins at a scorching temperature.

My body jolts forwards in an attempt to force myself awake. Three attempts later my body sits itself up in my bed, back to reality, the sun softly lighting the early-morning sky just barely peeking through the blinds hung above my window.

Sweat drips from my forehead and chest while my breathing runs ragged. 5 am, logically I could go back to sleep but the threat of what I can't decide as to be a nightmare or a wet dream, returning persuades me to get up now.

Coldwater pours from the shower head over my hot skin instantly cooling me down. The scent of my shower products momentarily masking the scent of Natasha's perfume that I could still smell. Not that the smell was actually here, of course, it was just a memory, just a dream.

Three hours and two cups of coffee later I find myself sitting beside Carol in one of the newly refurbished conference rooms in Natasha's building. Both of us patiently waiting for Natasha to join us for some finalisation of the merger.