Liquor, Lies & Licenses

Y/N POV-

"Three. Two. One. Go!" Wanda counts down before we take a shot, scrunching our faces at the not so pleasant burn of vodka trickling down our throats.

"Again?" I suggest.

"Again!" She repeats.

We take hold of another shot each, repeating the countdown before swallowing the liquor.

"What's that number five now?" I laugh.

"Something like that," She rests her elbow on the bar, resting her chin on her palm "so are you gonna tell me what made your day so bad?"

I shake my head "Romanoff being Romanoff, that's all."

"You know," she pauses "she's not actually as bad as she seams."

"Yeah?" I question doubtfully.

"No, no she's as bad as you think she is but there are some things about her that are likeable it just takes time before she shows you those things."

"Hum, I don't know," I say, unconvinced by Wanda.

"Honestly I don't know how she does it... even when you want to hate Natasha and she gives you every reason to do so... you just can't." She laughs.

"So you've wanted to hate her?"

Makes sense... me too.

"Me, no. My relationship with Natasha is confusing, we were super close friends and then I became her assistant and now I'm just her amazing assistant and she's just my boss, a woman 'I used to know'. Does that make sense?"

That's depressing and yet somehow not surprising.

I watch her face wash over with a subtle sadness as she reminisces about the 'woman she used to know.'

"Do you wish you and her were still friends?"

"We never stopped being friends per se we're just not the way we used to be. She's busy and so we became more like work friends. You know what I mean right? Like we laugh and have fun but we'd never hang out outside of work like we used to."

"That's kinda sad," I frown "sounds like she meant a lot to you."

"Eh, it's fine," she shrugs and clears her throat "so what did she do to make your day so bad?"

I laugh "She made a thing about something in my past. Nothing important," I laugh again and she frowns "and I guess she gave me a 'telling off.' If you will."

Nothing important- it was every bit important. My conscience laughs at my lies as I  brush over the 'unimportant' subject.

"Explain." She says curiously.

"She thought we were sleeping together."

"Us," she laughs pointing between us "we hardly know each other... well I know a lot about you but you hardly know me." Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"Exactly, I told her we weren't but I may have said something to piss her off." I smile tipsily.

"Oh what did you say?" She asks worriedly.