New Girls

(If you read pretty fast press play now if you know you read slower press play when you see 'NATASHA'S POV')

Y/N POV-

The clock ticks, employees leave, I wait patiently. Any minute, literally, any minute and she'll step off that elevator and I'll be face to face with the first woman I ever loved.

I'll be seconds away from introducing Natasha to the woman she's spent so much time teasing me about. And here it is, the white flash on top of the elevator.

My heart pounds nervously as she stands in front of me. Looking better than ever, blond hair framing her face, soft brown eyes, her skin glowing in perfection. The black pantsuit's definitely new but it still fits her usual attire and I'm definitely not complaining.

I gulp, my eyes scanning her over, feeling just as young and innocent as I'd first felt with her. Twenty one, unsure of life, safe in her gaze. But I'm not young and impressionable anymore, I'm not unsure of life and I'm safe by myself. The last parts a gray area that I trust we'll all move on from.

Women, I like them toxic and I like them complicated. I shouldn't feel that way though and there's probably a logical answer rooted deep in my childhood that explains this wonderfully but I don't have time for therapy, so here we are.

Natasha, a woman incapable of love. A woman I don't want but need.

Wanda, a woman that'll love so hard it'll hurt. A woman I want but can't have.

And the infamous Professor Danvers, I'd do anything for her but she just couldn't risk her job for me.

"Carol."

"Y/N."

"How've you been?" She asks. I can tell in her tone the questions more of a nicety than an actual question she'd like answered.

So I lie "I'm good, it's good to see you." I shake her hand.

She awkwardly lets go "Y/N I think we're past handshakes."

"It's not my fault, nobody made a manual or guided for how I'm supposed to behave around my ex professor who's also a lot more than just a professor."

She clears her throat "You're right I'm sorry, but hey I'm proud of you. You had your mind set on getting to Romanoff LLC for years and you made it."

I nod my head "thank you."

"Y/N, this is all you, you earned this, you deserve it. What we did together had nothing to do with it."

"Either way, thank you."

She smiles nodding "it's okay," she sighs "so Ms. Romanoff, can I see her now?"

"She's actually busy right now, I was hoping you wouldn't mind waiting."

"I thought you scheduled a meeting?" She questions.

"She doesn't exactly know you're coming."

"Y/N what did you do?" She says seriously.

"She's making a huge mistake as you know and I tried to tell her and she didn't want to here it, her assistant wouldn't make the meeting but I need you to do this anyway." I ramble.

"You never did know now to take no for an answer did you?" She rolls her eyes.

"I just don't like being wrong or loosing I'll accept no, but I'll try my hardest to get my way."

"Trust me, I know." She smirks.

I gulp "oh, and one more thing. She knows."

"What are you saying?"