Friend Not Foe

Remi was sleeping so soundly, I couldn't keep my eyes off her adorable sleeping face. But it wasn't just her I was thinking about.

Anxiety: If I could join I would!

Would he actually join us? I don't know, but he sounded hurt. Almost like he knows what it's like to be a cripple or low tier. I get out of bed and realized it was still dark.

Michael: Today has been going really slow.

I change into a grey zip-up hoodie with black jeans.

G John: Michael what are you doing?

Michael: I need a breather, my mind is still racing after taking off my armor.

G John: How about a restaurant to just chill for a bit and eat great food.

Michael: Fuck it I'll do it, I'll buy a cack for Remi while I'm at it.

G John: That's the spirit.

I quickly walk out of the house and into the dark street. The moon glimmering the light down and the streetlights guiding my way. The cold breeze gave me a spark of joy. I always preferred the cold more than the hot.

I made it to a restaurant that was opened 24 hours and went in. There weren't that many people in the restaurant. Only adults at the bar enjoy whatever was playing on the TV.

Waitress: Hi my name is Isa and I'll be your waitress so would you like anything to drink?

Michael: I'll take a fruit smoothie.

Isa: Okay and I'll get that for you. Let me know if you want anything else to order.

She gave me a small smile and a slight bow. When she left I was just there left in my thoughts. I kept asking John how he felt during Wellston but it was relatively the same info I already knew.

I quickly snapped out of it when a man wearing all black and red googles but it was on his forehead. He had fair skin and blonde hair and his eyes were red. He looked around my age

???: I'll take a shot of cinnamon whisky

Bartender:  Sorry kid but you're too young.

All of a sudden he was pushed by something and made him go face to face with the teen.

???: Just give me the whisky and I'll make sure there are no problems.

Bartender: No!

All of a sudden the bartender started struggling to breathe. He gave up and uttered one word, it was hard to hear for me but the black-coated stranger understood what he said.

???: Good.

The bartender gasped for air and quickly got a shot glass with ice and filled it with cinnamon whisky. 

???: Thank you, sir

Bartender: Fuck you

The stranger walked to the outside seats. Isa brought my drink and asked me what I wanted to eat. I told her I'll let her know since I don't know at this moment. I also mentioned how I'll move outside instead of inside.

Michael: Hey dude.

The stranger turned around and eyed me down.

???: Hello, and you are?

Michael: My name is Michael Dalton.

I kept a friendly tone but his voice is what took my attention.

???: My name is Damien Wimbleton.

He sounds like Anxiety, it has got to be him.