THIRTY ONE

lenora

"Lie on your back," I order.

My sweet little mate obliges immediately, flattening herself against the mattress. I look over her scrumptious nude form with a growl of satisfaction.

Anyone else who had crossed me the way she had would be exiled or possibly dead. I can't hold her to my usual standard, though.

She's human, yes, but she's also my mate. It wouldn't matter what she was. I can't stay angry with her for longer than a moment.

The only reason I had to leave her earlier was because I felt overwhelming guilt for being mean to her. Had I gone into the house with her, I would have brought her in here and made guilt-ridden love to her.

She has to learn, though. She has to experience my disappointment in her so she understands her expectations.

My pack needs a Luna who knows our ways and respects them. Anything less could get them killed or make them disorderly. Nothing is worse than chaos in a pack.

"I'm going to sit on your face," I tell Emery. "You're going to suck my pussy until I come all over you. Is that understood, baby girl?"

"Yes." Her voice is quiet but breathy.

My pussy lips slide together, sticky and wet. Enjoying her body gets me more excited than anything ever has.

As I crawl over her and lower my hot cunt to her face, I rub my tits. My nipples are rigid, begging to be sucked.

Emery dips her head back and plunges her tongue right up my tight little hole. Her hands wrap around my thighs and dig into the taut muscle.

I squeeze one nipple and finger my clit with the other. I'm already swollen and aching. Her punishment won't take long at this rate.

Riding her wet little tongue, I work myself up to the edge, imagine my baby girl's pussy splayed open for me, dripping and pink. I unravel in seconds.

I can't stop or withhold any of the dramatic shudders that course through me. My nerves feel electrified and then, all at once, overly sensitive.

I swing my leg over Emery's body to set her free and give my zinging cells a break. She sits up and pants with me, both of us ragged.

"That was my punishment?" she asks with a sweaty smile.

"No," I decide. "Suck on my nipples."

My stomach quivers with burning embers. I touch my breasts to see if it'll be too much, but I'm only excited now to let her have me.

She licks her lips as her gaze flicks between my tits and my eyes.

I take her jaw into my hand and guide her forward until she slips her mouth over my pointed nipple. My fingers grip her cheek. It feels like my eyes roll back into my head as she wraps her scalding tongue around my areolae.

The same shocking tremors run from my tits to my pussy. It's all I can do to not cry out in ecstasy. My toes curl into the bed where they are folded under me.

Emery whimpers, her hot breath dancing across my studded skin. I wrap one hand under her chin and pull her face away. Her pupils are blown. I bend down and kiss her delectable mouth.

"I wasn't done," she pouts.

"I know." I smile wickedly. "I need you to save up a little bit of excitement for later."

"Later?" She perks up.

"Mhmm."

Admiring her round, freckled face, I comb my fingers through her silky blonde hair. I imagine her in double braids and smile reflexively. She'd be absolutely adorable. I kiss her again.

"Fuck it," I growl into her mouth, pushing her down onto the bed.

She giggles delightedly as my lips latch onto her neck.

—(—)—

Emery is peacefully asleep now. A fine layer of sweat has dried along her skin from the several rounds of pleasuring we endured. She could use a bath. I contemplate waking her, but she looks so restful. I nuzzle into her just before someone knocks at the door.

Sighing, I remove myself from her warm, cuddly figure and get up. I tug on my shirt as I head to the door. When I open it, Denver stands there in jeans and a button-up. I smell blood on him but don't see it. He analyzes my face as I do his. The shadows under his eyes are severe.

"Are they ready for me?" I ask, all traces of husky desperation gone. It almost feels harder to trade my masks out now; out with the tender lover, in with the ass-kicking Alpha. I just have to get used to it.

"Yes." He nods grimly.

I glance back at Emery. She remains blissfully unaware.

"I'll get dressed," I say. "Why don't you take a break?"

"You need someone down there with you."

"I can handle them."

His jaw ticks. "Alpha, what if they have information on Arabella?"

"Then I will relay to you and the rest of leadership."

He gives me a look that I truly despise.

"She's not my weakness anymore," I say through gritted teeth. "That was a long time ago. You know I will do anything it takes to protect this pack and Emery. That bitch means nothing to me."

"Loyalty is one of your finest traits, Alpha." Denver continues to eye me cautiously. "We don't know what she wants yet."

"She's joined this insane rogue pack and wants to abolish our ways," I say angrily. "And if she doesn't, then she wants something worse."

"Why don't we ask around and find out?" he says.

I feel warm with irritation from talking about Arabella. No one gets under my skin more than she does. I have never loved or loathed someone so much until I met Emery. And I don't loathe my little mate at all. It's all pure, unadulterated adoration. She is the opposite of Arabella in every way.

"I'll be down in a moment," I tell him. "I can't make you take a break, but I still think you should."

Then I close the door and pad back over to the bed. Emery sighs in her sleep, rolling over. Her divinely nude backside presents itself to me.

I crawl up beside her. She wiggles herself back into my front and makes several contented noises. My fingers strum along her soft side.

I'm going to need her if I'm to vanquish all that's to come. After years of my pack being my sole motivation for everything, I finally have someone devoted to just me.

She is so good and true, yet she doesn't see it. I need her softness, her bright light of goodness, in my life.

Forever.

Bending over her, I kiss her cheek and then the spot on her neck where I marked her again earlier. The wound has already healed under the accelerant of my saliva. A quiet whimper presses through Emery's lips.

"I will be back, little mate. Sleep well."

Then I step away. My shield of hardness slips back over me, effortless from time.