FIFTY

emery

I will never grow tired of making love with her.

After Lenora and I have worked ourselves into a pleasurable exhaustion, we lay cuddled together on the rug. She feels warm and firm intertwined with me.

While we soak up the silence, I wonder if anyone heard us in here. That thought is mortifying.

They must hear each other get it on all the time anyway, though, right?

Kinda hard when they share walls with people who have ultra sensitive hearing.

"What do you need to do today?" I ask, my voice rusty from moaning so much earlier.

"Mmm." Lenora flips onto her side and rests her chin on my chest. "I am expecting a visit from Alpha Tara. She's mostly healed from the attack and she wants to strategize with me. The rogues nearly killed her and they succeeded in killing many of her wolves." She sighs grievously and finishes, "We're all just ready for this madness to end."

I nod, stroking my fingers through her inky hair. The long strands are thick but soft like minx fur.

"When are you leaving?" she asks. "Will you wait for my meeting to end with Tara?"

"You don't know when she'll be here, though," I say. "I was going to ask Denver or Caden to take me to town. I don't want to take you away from your duties."

"Don't be silly. Taking care of you is my most important duty."

Releasing a breath, I focus on how she feels touching me. I could lie like this with her forever. We could just make love and talk afterwards on a constant loop. Just the sound of her voice puts me at ease. When she's not growling, of course.

"I meant what I said earlier," I tell her.

I push myself upright and draw my knees to my chest. Lenora sits up as well. Her face draws down into a slight but adorable pout.

Leaning forward, I steal a kiss from her. "I'll be back tonight."

"Tonight?" She groans. "Please take Denver with you. I'm going to worry about you the entire time you're gone and that will give me a little bit of reprieve."

"Deal," I said.

We go up to our room to change. While I tug on a pair of jeans, someone knocks on the bedroom door.

Lenora strides out of the bathroom to answer it. I hear their voices but can't make out their words.

She closes the door just as I finish tying my tennis shoes on. I dig my keys out of the nightstand where they've been stowed for weeks now.

"That was Denver," she tells me. "I told him to take you to town and make sure nothing happens. Also, Tara is here. Can I introduce you before you leave?"

"Of course." I smile. I'm excited to meet this woman who Lenora so clearly cares about.

She grabs my hand and leads me out of the room. As we descend the stairs to the main floor, I hear more voices coming from the kitchen.
Lenora leads me in and several heads turn towards us.