The Hospital

You woke up, blinking a few times before your eyes adjusted to the bright light all around the unfamiliar room. Bellatrix rushed over to you, taking your hand.
"Y/n, are you awake?" your wife asked, her voice frantic. You turned your head, which was aching with pain, towards her.

"I'm awake," you managed to croak out.
"Oh thank you," you saw the relief flood through her face, "do you remember anything that happened?"
"My sister did this to me," you said bitterly.
"I killed her, she'll never hurt you again baby," she told you, stroking your face gently.

"Where are we?" you asked.
"We're at the hospital. I'm so sorry, I wish I could have cured you at home. I'm just not good with healing spells and I wanted to make sure you'd be in good care," she explained.
"Don't apologize. Thank you for thinking like that".
"How are you feeling? Can I get you anything?"

"My head hurts," you admitted.
"I'll get a doctor". She squeezed your hand before leaving your bedside, walking to the door of your room.
"Someone get in here and help my wife or I'll fucking kill everyone in this hospital!" she yelled. It didn't help your headache, but it was cute.

A doctor came rushing in a few seconds later.
"Hello y/n," he said, shaking your hand, "glad to see you awake".
"She's in pain," Bella told him shortly.
"Where does it hurt?" he asked you, walking over to you to examine your head.
You touched the back of your head. "Here".
He took out a vile of potion and handed it to you.
"Take this for the pain. What's your pain level, on the scale of 1-10?"

"Maybe a 7," you told him, drinking the potion.
"Then I'll bring you another one in a few hours," he outlined.
"A 7?" Bella asked, stroking your hair gently. She turned to the doctor. "If that doesn't get down to a 0 before we leave here, I'll kill you. I swear I'll pick the most brutal method of torture until you look like the most beat up corpse," she threatened, going close to him, her wand peeking out of her dress.

"Y-yes, Mrs. Black. The potion usually takes just a few minutes to work, and I'll leave her another one she can take in an hour," he said, putting a second vile on the table next to your hospital bed.
Bellatrix nodded, satisfied, and stepped away. "Good," she affirmed.

"Now, I just have to do a test to make sure you don't have a concussion," he told you.
"Will that hurt?" your wife asked before he even finished his sentence.
He shook his head. "Not a bit, I just scan her head with my wand," he turned to you, "sounds okay?"
"Yeah, whatever you have to do," you said. He did exactly what he said, and the light at the end of his wand turned red.

"What does that mean?" you asked.
"You have a mild concussion," he told you, "it's not a big deal, I can fix it in a second".
Bellatrix was about to speak up, but then the doctor added, "I promise it won't hurt at all". She nodded, but continued to watch him intently as he pointed his wand at your head and said some spell you had never heard before.
"Done. I'll be back in an hour," he said, leaving.

"That didn't hurt?" Bella asked once he left.
You shook your head. "No. The potion is helping too," you assured her.
"Good. I know I'm crazy protective of you, but it worries me when you aren't okay," she said, pulling a chair close to your bed so she could sit.
You smiled. "I know. And come lay with me, you don't need the chair".

She managed to squeeze into the small bed, and you snuggled into her arms.
"Will it hurt if I kiss your head?" she asked.
"I think it'll help," you teased, smiling. She pulled you closer, kissing the top of your head.
"Did it?" she asked.
You giggled. "A bit. Maybe if you tried the lips".
She smirked, put pulled your face up with her fingers so you were looking into her deep brown eyes. She kissed you gently, which was different than usual but nice, especially since you weren't feeling 100%. With your face cupped in her hands, you wrapped your hands around her neck. You kissed slowly and deliberately, feeling her soft lips against yours.

"Well?" she asked when you had to break apart for air.
You laughed. "Suddenly, I'm feeling much better".
She smiled. "Good". She held onto your hand, but was looking down at the bed sadly.
"Baby, what's wrong?" you asked, taking her face in your hands so she was looking at you. You knew she wouldn't be able to lie and say she was fine if she was looking into your eyes.

"This is my fault. You shouldn't be here. We should be at home celebrating," she began.
"What do you mean this is your fault? If anything, you saved me by killing my family," you put a comforting hand on her leg.
"Not before she hurt you," she insisted, "y/n, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone, you know that. Even when we just met, I knew I would do anything to protect you".

"I love you, but I'm not going anywhere," you told her.
"Do you know what my biggest fear is, my only fear?" she asked, and you shook your head, "it's losing you. That can't happen, which is why I always try to protect you". It was rare for you to see her this vulnerable, and you had to admit, it was nice.
"I appreciate that, but please don't blame yourself for this. If it weren't for you, I could have gotten hurt even worse, okay?"
She nodded. "You aren't mad?"
"Of course not!" you insisted.

You were going to say more, when the doctor came in again.
"How's the potion working?" he asked.
"Good, I feel much better," you told him, even though you were still convinced that kissing your wife helped the most.
"I want to keep you overnight, just to be sure," he said. He looked warily at Bellatrix, but she didn't protest.
"If that's best," she said.

The doctor left, and you turned towards Bella.
"I understand if you want to go home and get a good night's sleep in your own bed".
"Are you kidding? I'd never leave you," she insisted.
"I hoped you would say that". She pulled you closer.
"See, this bed fits both of us," she whispered, and you snuggled closer to her.

Authors note: I wouldn't kill y/n off! If I did, who would this story be about? Bellatrix and Caillou??