Caught

The sunlight streaming through your window woke you up. As soon as you opened your eyes, you saw your wife fast asleep beside you. You were in her arms, her grip on you tight. You didn't move since you didn't want to wake her, so you just laid down and admired her.

You lightly traced her jawline, which was one of the most beautiful things you had ever seen in your life. A few minutes later, her eyes flickered open, a sweet smile on her lips.
"Morning, my love," you told her, kissing her forehead.
"Good morning angel," she replied, taking your face in her hands and kissing your lips, "were you watching me sleep?"

"Yes, I was," you admitted, "you're pretty".
She smiled. "So are you, which is why I want to stay in bed with you all day".
"I like that. Why don't I get us some tea first?"
"We have a house-elf for that," she reminded you.
"I know, but today's his day off".
"You gave him a day off?" she asked, "darling, are you going soft on me?"
"No, don't worry. I'll still murder whenever you want, love".
"Good. I like having a wife who's as morally corrupt as I am," she told you with a smile.
You giggled, kissing her one more time before you went downstairs.

Just as the water finished boiling, you heard a crash in your living room, and the sound of rapid footsteps rushing around the house. You were about to go investigate when they found you: Aurors.
"Wand down!" one yelled as you had pulled your wand out of your dress, pointing it at him.
As you were about to hex him, he disarmed you, making you curse under your breath.

"Is there anyone else in the house?" he asked as another one came over to you with handcuffs, and you fought against her. You were about to lie, wanting to save your wife, when you heard her screams upstairs. There was nothing you could do, and she came down a minute later, an Auror tailing her to make sure she didn't escape.
"No!" Bella yelled as she saw you, "take me, but leave her".

"You've both committed crimes, and you will both die for them," said the tall guy who had first found you.
"What crimes?" Bellatrix spat out, and it took all of you not to laugh.
"Yeah, last time I checked we were making the world a better place," you agreed.
The guy rolled his eyes. "More murder than I can count, a takeover of the Ministry, and a takeover of Hogwarts. Is that enough evidence for you?"

"Well your dates must be really boring," she joked, and you couldn't hold back a laugh this time.
"Wait, how did you find us if we took over the ministry?" you asked him.
"The Aurors that you didn't murder decided that we needed to take you down. It took a while with all the security around your house, but now we've caught you," he explained maliciously.

Once you got to prison, they escorted you to open cells. You walked past prisoners, all of them looking disheveled and psychopathic. As much as you didn't want to admit it, you and your wife kind of fit in here. Still, you were freaking out, and you cast a glance at Bella.
"I'm scared," you told her, not bothering to whisper because the guards would hear you anyway.
"Don't be, my love. No one will hurt you, not while I'm around," she said comfortingly.

"Actually," interrupted the tall guard as you got to the last two cells in the row, "you're too dangerous together. Y/n, you're in here". He pushed you in the cell, and walked away with your wife, who was screaming in protest.
"Don't worry," the guard taunted, "you'll see each other one last time tomorrow, before you both get the kiss". 

Once they were gone, you sat down against the wall, tears streaming down your face. With Bellatrix, you could handle anything. Alone, you felt powerless. You lost track of all time, but it had to be a few hours later before your wife appeared outside your cell.
"What are you doing?" you whispered as she tried to pick the lock with the blade of her dagger.
"They forgot to search me," she said. The lock broke and she walked in, closing the door quietly behind her.

"I'm so glad to see you," you told her, hugging her as tightly as you could once she sat down next to you, "please don't leave me".
"Aw, my poor baby," she kissed you gently on the forehead, "I'm so sorry, my love".
"I wish we were together. I can't do this alone, Bella".
"When I went to Azkaban alone, before we got married, it was the worst time of my life. Now, I have you, and I promise not to leave. I don't care what they do".

"We don't have much time," you sobbed, "I want to be with you forever, not just until tomorrow. Three years isn't long enough".
"Baby, calm down," she insisted, playing with your hair to calm you down, "we're the most badass couple alive. We're getting out of here".
"We are?"
"Yes," she kissed you gently on the lips, "we'll have many more years together. We're forever".

You smiled. "I love you, Mrs. Black".
She kissed you softly. "I love you too, Mrs. Black".
"Can we leave now?"
"I know you want to, but it's better to escape early in the morning. By 3 am, all the guards are asleep".
You nodded. "Okay".

"In the meantime, I'm not going anywhere," she said, pulling you closer. You snuggled against her chest, her hand playing with your hair.
"I'm sorry," she said after a moment.
"Sorry for what?" you asked, looking into her eyes.
"I should have protected you".

"Baby, you did the best you could," you told her, "you're always protecting me".
"I promise they aren't going to hurt you," she insisted, "I'm not leaving your sight ever again. I'll always be around to the point where you get tired of me".
You laughed. "I could never get tired of you". This time, she kissed you deeply, not caring if anyone saw.

Authors note: I needed to add some fluff because I'm stressed. Also happy Halloween!!
I'm dressing up as Marla!