1 : prelude

It was dark in the alleyway where they all stood. Dark as in light, and dark as in intentions. Murderous auras surrounded those in the alley as they squared up to the one in the way of their beloved. Their everything. Their Kirika.

He smirked, then slowly started laughing until he threw his head back and laughed so loud the entire neighborhood probably heard him. "Ah," He breathed as he ran a hand through his hair. "You all think you're worthy of my sister?" His gaze hardened. Immediately, everyone who could see his eyes felt an electric shiver shoot down their spines. "The only thing you're worthy of is burning in hell."

This bastard.

"Oh yeah?" One bold soul stepped up challengingly. "Who are you to judge when you've already gotten your hands dirty, just like the rest of us?"

"My sister," He said, twirling his blood soaked knife, "is mine alone. She has always been and will always be my sister, my only sibling. I am the only one who can protect her, provide for her, and help her achieve anything she desires. We are flesh and blood, while you are nothing but rotten lust driven hornets," The male's face was illuminated by the moon light, showing his blood thirsty grin. "I suppose it's time to destroy the rest of the hive."

Fear was the only thing they could feel. It was resonating in their bones; this person was the most dangerous being on the planet. And by the looks of it, his sole targets were them. And with one down already, their chances were dwindling.

"Brother!" A voice came from the entrance of the alley, everyone instantly recognizing it and whipping towards the person. Suddenly, there was hope for them. They remembered their reason to fight. It was her.

She had her hands over her mouth, her eyes wide. Slowly, she dropped her hands and put them on her hips, making the most annoyed expression any of them--other than her brother--had ever seen on Kirika's angelic face. "Again? Really?"

"What do you mean, again?!" Her brother gaped at her audacity. Everyone else did the same, clearly surprised. This wasn't the sweet girl they knew... She wasn't having it as she gave him a pointed look, causing him to sigh. ".. It's been years, Kirika!"

"I don't care! Now get your butt over here and stop bothering my friends!"

"They like you though!"

"Then I'll have to let them down," She said, and all of the gathered suitors' hearts dropped. "You're the only one for me, big brother. Stop causing legal problems and come on! I want ramen."

"It's legal till I'm caught," He mused before glancing back at the boys, making the gesture of watching them with his fingers before joining his sister at the entrance of the alley and grinning. "Wanna order in? Go out? Or how about I make you some?" He asked as they walked away.

"Since when can you cook?"

"Since two years ago."

"...Okay, then I'll leave it to you!" Kirika beamed, leaving everyone stunned, blinded by her beauty, as the two turned out of the alleyway and disappeared into the bussling city lights.

"...The fuck just happened?"

~•~

Many, many, many days before...

Kirika stood in front of Seirin high school in her uniform, smiling to herself before making her way inside. "Ichinose!" A friend by the name of Aoi called, waving to get her attention.

"Hey!" She beamed, jogging over while holding onto her bag strap. "I can't believe we're actually in high school!"

"I know, but here we are," Aoi agreed. "Now we have to face the onslaught of clubs, good luck to us both."