14: food

“Let’s go home!” Riko opened the door to the locker room, the boys inside.

“No.. wait.. sorry,” Hyuuga raised his hand shakily. “Serious, wait..” The second years looked like zombies, causing Kirika to flinch backwards, into the safety of the hallway. “We just played two games against kings!”

“Oh, sorry,” Riko sweatdropped.

“We’ll be fine after we rest for a few minutes, but Kagami…” The captain trailed off, glancing at said person. “He pushed himself too hard.”

“I can’t even stand, nevermind move,” The redhead grit out, having trouble just sitting up.

“But we can’t stay here forever,” The coach reminded them, then she got an idea. “Let’s go to the closest restaurant.”

“I’ll get Kagami,” Kirika volunteered.

“Are you sure? He’ll be heavy..” Izuki trailed off, and immediately the girl smirked at him.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be worth the weight,” Kirika winked, stunning the point guard for a moment. Then, a grin made his way onto his face as Hyuuga facepalmed.

“I love you, Ichinose.”

“Don’t put her on the spot like that!” Riko scolded as the manager hoisted Kagami onto her back easily. All jaws in the vicinity dropped, including the one being carried.

“What?”

~*~

“Excuse me!”

“Welcome! Oh, there’s so many of you.”

“There are eleven of us,” Riko told the shop keeper as Kirika walked in with Kagami on her back. Kasamatsu’s jaw dropped.

“Wow.”

“Hm?” Kise glanced behind him to see what his captain was gaping about, and he was soon mirroring his captain’s expression. “Wow is right.”

“Kise and Kasamatsu!” Kagami yelled as the manager allowed him to get down.

“No honorifics?!”

“Hey,” Kise greeted back, not seeming to mind. Thus, Kagami and Kuroko ended up sitting with the two Kaijo players. A few minutes later, Kirika heard a familiar voice.

“Excuse me! Sir, do you have two—” Takao broke off as he and Midorima entered the shop. Kirika’s eyes widened, what are the chances? This is gonna be rich.

“What are you doing here? And where are the others?”

“We lost the upperclassmen while Shin-chan was crying,” Takao explained with a laugh, immediately pissing off the greenette.

“Oi.”

“We figured we might as well get something to eat—”

“We’re going somewhere else!” Midorima decided, already ducking out of the restaurant.

“H-hey!” Takao followed after him. Immediately following, rain started pouring so the two were back in less than a minute, soaked. As Kirika and Takao locked eyes, she moved hers to Kasamatsu, suggesting that Takao do something to get the miracles together.

He nodded. “Are you Kaijo’s Kasamatsu?”

“How did you know?” The captain questioned, seemingly surprised.

“I saw you in Basketball Monthly!” He beamed, walking over to their table. “You’re a nationally famous strong point guard! Oh wow! As someone who plays the same position, I’d love to hear your stories! Do you mind if we join you? Ah, let’s go talk over there.”