44: america

(I wasn't planning on showing you guys what went on with Aizen in the states, but I've changed my mind now that the opportunity has presented itself. So, enjoy the chapter in AIZEN'S FIRST POV!!!! 14 comments please~)

I’m going crazy. It’s been three days since I landed in this god forsaken country, two days since I started school here, and it feels like its been an eternity. The assassins are keeping me busy, but it’s not enough to keep my mind off of everything that’s happened.

Like how I was ripped away from my sister.

I grit my teeth. I’m going to kill them all, anyone who had even the smallest thing to do with separating us, starting with our mother, then father, and so forth. They will rue the day they crossed me.

This world is so dark, the only light is Kirika. Which is why I must save her. But I can’t, and it’s driving me crazy. I need to get stronger. I’m not enough. How can I get stronger? How can I save Kirika? How can I finally see her again? Will I ever get stronger? Will I ever be enough to protect and provide for her?

WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

Calm down. I need to think rationally, and self loathing will only make things harder and less likely to go the way I want them to.

I’ve already connected with the black market here and have acquired a few different guns: two handhelds and one for sniping. I also got a taser just in case there was someone I didn’t want to kill, though it was an unlikely situation.

Suddenly, I was snapped out of my thoughts as the bell rang, signaling that class was over and I, at least, could head home. American schools sure make things easy, I thought as I stood from my desk and picked up my bag. There are only four periods a day, and we can get off blocks. Obviously, I chose to have my off blocks in the afternoon so that I could go back to the house I was given to do other matters.

As I walked by a street basketball court, someone called out to me. “Hey, you!” I paused, glancing to see someone with dreads run up to me, panting slightly. “Hey, do you think you could help us out? We’re short a player.”

“I’ve never played before,” I told him with a sheepsih look. God, I hate having to do this just to seem normal. I’d rather all these lowly animals worship me for the amazing person that I am, but that isn’t going to happen any time soon.

But I’m making plans for it to become reality soon, all I have to do is wait for the right time. “But if you’re okay with a rookie, I could give it a go.”

“No problem!” He beamed. “We can show you the ropes, and who knows, maybe you’ll become a prodigy!”

“Maybe,” I chuckled lightly, soon following him into the streetball court. Setting my bag down, I was glad that I had chosen to go casual that day with shorts and a muscle tank. While I may be a middle schooler, that didn’t make me any less fit.

“So you know the basics, right?” The man who’d recruited me questioned. “Like traveling, fouling, and that the ball goes into the hoop?”

“Yeah, mostly,” I nodded. “I’m not familiar with all the fouls, but there’s pushing and charging, right?”

“Those are the basic ones, alright,” Another player laughed. “We’ll get you caught up to speed as we play, sound good?”

“Sure,” I hate how they’re talking down to me, but I suppose it is warranted by the situation seeing as they are more knowledgeable than me. Still though, I narrowed my eyes, it bugs me.

Thus, we started the game, having me as a forward since that was one of the easier positions to master since all it required were semi decent dribbling skills and the ability to score. At first, no passes came my way, but around the last few minutes of the game, the shooting guard had to pass to me after getting blocked.

All jaws dropped as I dunked over the opponent’s center and forward.

“Holy shit dude!”

“That was crazy, and you didn’t even foul?!”

“How old are you again?”

“Um—whoa, I just realized we never asked for his name.”

“Yo, what’s your name?”

“It’s Aizen,” I replied. “Sorry if I was a bit rambunctious, I thought it looked cool and wanted to try it out,” More like I wanted to show them I’m superior to them.

“Not at all, it was great!” Another player grinned. “Now this is a real game!”

After that, the ball came to me more, and I only got blocked once, but that one block was a foul so I got a free throw, which was easy enough. Finally, as it was getting dark, the streetball players decided to call it, so I left as well.

While I was walking up the steps to my room, I suddenly realized something: for the first time since I had gotten to this god forsaken place, my mind hadn’t been occupied with thoughts of revenge, Kirika, or anything else. The only thing I had thought of while I was playing was basketball.

“Hah,” I ra a hand over my face, a terrifying grin present on my lips. “Basketball, huh? I’m pretty sure my school has a team. Too bad tryouts have already passed,” Even as I said those words, I already had a plan to get on the team.

The first thing I did when I got to my room was open my computer and email the basketball coach for my school. Right as it sent, a bullet flew through the air.

“Slow,” I stood behind the assassin in the next second, decapitating them with one kick. “Geez, I’m glad I didn’t kick them towards my bed like I did last time,” I grumbled as I got out my phone to tell one of the servants to come clean up.

Meanwhile, my computer beeped, signaling that an email had arrived.

~*~

That year, I took my team to the national championships. And the year after, which was my last year of middle school. We won both times, and I was named the MVP both times.

High school was a different matter all together, but that's a subject for another time.

Honestly, basketball means almost as much to me as Kirika does. It was there for me during my depressed slump after losing my sister; it was there for me to get my mind off everything, such as the assassins that almost periodically attacked my house, or finals, or whatever else that life threw at me.

When I’m playing basketball, it’s the only thing on my mind. It’s the only thing that matters. It’s just me, my teammates, my opponents, and the ball.