20: help

"Hey, Kagami," Kiyoshi called out, catching said person's attention. "I want to play soon too, but I don't think it's fair for me to ask to play just because I'm an upperclassman. So..." He trailed off, "Why don't we play some one-on-one for the starting position?"

"Kiyoshi.." Koganei trailed off as the team watched the encounter. Hyuuga suddenly laughed.

"He hasn't changed. This is why I can't stand the guy. He always plays hard, is obsessed with basketball, acts stupid and... He's always up to something."

So the two went at it, Kirika not taking her eyes off of them as she started strategizing. "Amazing!" Fukuda gasped as Kagami blocked Kiyoshi.

"Neither one is budging," Furihata commented.

"They're evenly matched?!" Kawahara exclaimed in surprise.

"Kiyoshi really is amazing," Hyuuga mumbled, "He hasn't played in a while, but he's doing this well against Kagami."

"But Kagami's the one pressuring him," Izuki added.

"He broke past him?" Someone exclaimed as Kagami got past Kiyoshi. They both jumped, one to block and one to dunk.

"It's not over yet," Izuki said. However, it was indeed over as Kagami spun around in mid air and slammed it into the basket from the other side.

"That's amazing," Furihata gasped, "He dunked from behind. Kagami wins!"

"You got me. I lost," Kiyoshi admitted, smiling as he panted a bit before patting him on the shoulder. "Like I promised, you can start."

"Okay."

"Hey.." Riko started, but Kagami was already leaving.

"I'm going, good work."

“Wait up!” Kirika burst, darting after the redhead as the others just sort of watched while slack jawed. It didn’t take her long to catch up, and eventually managed to get in front of the angry ace and stop him in his tracks.

“What?” He glowered at her, and she gave him an unimpressed look. “Kirika, move.”

“Only if you promise to come with me for a bit,” She bargained, making Kagami raise an eyebrow.

“Sure I guess. Where we going?” The two started walking together towards the club room so they could get changed.

“I’ll let you know when you’ve gotten changed,” Kirika beamed at him for a moment before getting out her phone and texting someone. “I know the wound is still kind of fresh, but…”

“Huh?” Kagami looked confused. The ginger sighed, not making eye contact.

“I… asked Aomine to come to a nearby streetball court…”

“You what?!” The redhead exploded. “That jackass?!”

“Well, he’s the best person I know,” She held her hands up in surrender. “You’re acting like this because you want to get stronger individually, rather than strictly as a team, correct?”

“Err, yeah..” He scratched the back of his neck. “Was it that obvious?”

“No, I’m fairly certain everyone else thinks you’re reverting to playing by yourself,” She informed him, smiling cheekily. “Which is partially true.”

“…Fine,” He heaved a sigh, “I’ll get changed and meet you outside, sound good?”

“Yes!” Kirika beamed, looking excited as she jogged off to leave the redhead to his devices. Once she was outside, the manager and Aomine started texting a bit more casually. He’d given her his number when he’d walked her home the other day.

“Yo, I’m ready,” Kagami soon joined her; so, with a nod, she put her phone away and the two were off to the streetball court. Surprisingly, the four arrived at the same time.

“Oh,” Kirika raised an eyebrow at the additional person. “Hello Momoi..”

“Hi!” She greeted. “Sorry to intrude, but when Dai-chan left out of nowhere, I just had to follow him!”

“You’re so annoying Satsuki,” The Touou ace grumbled, twisting his pinkie in his ear. “Yo, Kirika, are you really asking me to teach this clown?”

“I’m not a clown!”

“Yes, if you would,” The Seirin manager folded her hands in front of herself. “Maybe play a bit to see if you notice anything that can be improved?”

“What do I get out of this?” Aomine rolled his eyes, getting straight to the point. Kirika shrugged, a glint in her eyes as she replied.

“Someone with the ability to entertain you for longer?”

“Deal,” He stated immediately. Momoi and Kagami’s jaws dropped as they looked between the two, trying to figure out how in the world Kirika had handled that and why the hell Aomine agreed so readily. “Come on, are we doing this or not Kagami?” The dark-haired ace demanded, already taking his school blazer off as he spun a basketball on his finger.

“Yeah,” Kagami striped his jacket off as well. As the two started to play, the two managers sat to observe.

“Dai-chan told me about what happened the other day,” Momoi whispered to the girl beside her. “He was really impressed; I’ve never heard him talk so much.”

“Oh really?” Kirika giggled with a sheepish look. “It was probably a fluke. Plus, I know he was going easy on me.”

“True, but still,” The pinkette moved so that she was in Kirika’s face. “I’m very curious about you.”

“Ma’am you are very much in my personal space and I don’t recall allowing it.”

“Oh, was I?” She retracted herself, smiling. “Sorry about that. Anyway, he said you told him that you’ve never played before. I looked it up and I also couldn’t find anything, so is it really true?” Momoi questioned, and the ginger nodded.

“Yes, it’s true. I just got interested in basketball a few years back when my brother told me he’d joined a basketball team,” She elaborated.

“You have a brother?” Momoi’s eyebrows shot skywards. None of her data mentioned that, and she knew she’d been thorough after Aomine had talked to her about the Seirin manager.

“Yes,” Kirika smiled sadly as she looked down at her hands. “He’s studying abroad in Los Angeles. Well, that was the last I’d heard of where he was, but that was a few years ago too. So I’m not sure where he is right now,” She admitted.

“I see…” Momoi held her chin, her eyes narrowed as she dived deep into her thoughts. However, both girls were pulled out of their heads as Aomine shouted at Kagami.

“I GET THAT DUNKING IS FUN, YA REDHEADED BITCH, BUT THAT’S NOT THE ONLY SHOT IN BASKETBALL! THAT’S WHY I CAN BLOCK YOU, YOU’RE ALWAYS DUNKING AND IT'S REAL EASY TO BLOCK THAT IF I TIME IT RIGHT!” He gritted his teeth before turning and walking away. “I’m done for today, Kirika,” Aomine grumbled, grabbing his jacket and slinging it over his shoulder.

“Oh, okay!” She hurriedly bowed. “Thank you for your help.”

“Don’t mention it.”

“Wait up, Dai-chan!” Momoi called, running after the disappearing figure. Turning her gaze to the redhead, Kirika made her way over to the stunned player.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“I get it now,” Kagami breathed before his gaze hardened and he grinned at Kirika. “I understand what I have to do now, thank you.”

“I’ll let Aomine know, then,” She smiled, “I’m glad I could help.”

~*~

Dear Diary,
I got to meet a new player today! His name is Kiyoshi, he's a center. I know, I'm really happy to have an actual center now, rather than just Mitobe. He was trying his best, but I'm sure Kiyoshi will outshine him from what I've seen so far.
Oh, also, Kagami made a breakthrough. Well, it was thanks to Aomine, but it still got him on the path to attaining the level he wants. Momoi was there too, but she was acting kind of weird.
That's all for now, I should probably get to sleep. Until next time!
Sincerely,
Kirika Ichinose