59: lay

(Comment goal is 19!)

About a year ago...

It was just another day for him: he'd left the house a bit early, which turned out to be good since he got attacked on the way to school but he dealt with it fairly quickly so he managed to get to school on time. His classes went as boringly as always, seeing as he'd already mastered all of the subjects. Basketball practice after classes also went well, and he had high hopes for the next tournament.

Walking home with Tatsuya, the two parted ways at the male's house. He soon found himself unlocking the door and stepping inside with an eerie feeling. It wasn't strange for there to be multiple assassination attempts in one day, but that wasn't the vibe he was getting. While it was foreboding, it wasn't exactly negative: it was more along the lines of stay cautious.

"Hey."

The voice rang through the room. It was distorted, as if coming through a device, but he knew for a fact that he hadn't added a voice to the invention he'd made yet, so it was concerning. Plus, there was no other human presence in the house, at least none that he could sense any sort of malicious intent from.

It took him about a minute to finally come to terms with what had happened, so the ginger turned towards his newly made invention, only to see that it wasn't on. "Don't worry, since it hasn't been programmed yet, I can't hack into it," The voice sounded again, and he blinked slowly.

Aizen turned to his computer, which was completely black except for a courser in the left hand corner. "It took me two weeks to hack this computer by the way, so congrats. About five days for the security cameras, though. Pretty sure you didn't design them yourself so it makes sense they would be easier to get into."

"You're pretty chatty for a hacker," The young master muttered as he sat down in front of the device, his eyes narrowed. "Especially such an experienced one."

"Figures that you'd know at least that much," It sounded like the person was smirking as they said it.

"I've had several hackers try to get into my systems but none have succeeded," Aizen's gaze was hard and dark. "Until now, it seems."

"Oh don't worry, I haven't checked any files or anything," The other person had the audacity to laugh. "I just wanted to talk to you."

"Fat chance that's true."

"Aizen Yano, the world's youngest inventor alive, an absolute genius revolutionizing things every day. How could I not idolize you?" The voice sounded sort of awed, in a dreamy state as they recalled more information. "When I first saw a picture of you, I could barely believe how handsome you were--are. It's truly an honor for me to speak with you, Mr. Yano."

"If you wanted to be formal, you should have just called me instead of hacking my computer," The ginger scoffed, trying to get the conversation over with so he could get on with what he needed to do.

"Well, I didn't want to be one of those random calls, and you can't really hang up on me if I'm controling the computer like this, since I have so much I wanted to talk  and ask you about, but now that I'm here, I'm actually spacing." The voice laughed sheepishly. "But I get where you're coming from, and I'm sorry to meet you like this. However, if its okay with you," Is this person acting shy? Aizen squinted at the computer screen as an address appeared. "I'll get you some coffee and we can talk in person, since I'm in the states for a bit."

"...Sure," The young master decided, and the voice did a sort of happy gasp. "But first, you should introduce yourself so I know who I'm looking for."

"Nah," There was definitely a cheeky grin in the person's voice. "I want to introduce myself in person. Thanks for talking with me, it's honestly been the best day of my life. I'll let you use your computer now. Come to Starbucks tomorrow morning, any time before noon. Should be okay since it's a Saturday, right?"

"Fine," He tutted, intent on killing the person once they met up. However, that changed the moment he arrived at the cafe the next day. There weren't many people there, so it was easy to see when the person whipped to see the door, his whole face lighting up as if he'd just seen an angel or something.

He stood and made his way over to the young master, beaming as he held out his hand. "Hello, I am Nikolay, it is nice to meet you," He said, his accent thick. Aizen exhaled sharply, but took his hand.

"I'm surprised you spoke so well yesterday," He commented in Russian, causing Nikolay's eyes to widen. "I have many dealings with people who speak Russian, so I've picked it up."

"That makes things so much easier!" The man exclaimed, beaming even brighter than before. "You're even more amazing than I thought, Mr. Yano!"

"You don't look that much older than me so no need for the title," The young master said, gesturing with his head. "Shall we sit?"

"Yes," And so, the two conversed for a long time. The first thing he explained was that he was using a text-to-speech bot that was programmed to his sort of tone. The next thing Aizen found out was that Nikolay worked for the Russian government and was their best hacker by far, seeing as he was brought up with his brain filled to the brim with technology. He also discovered that the Russian was two years older than him, and that he'd been fascinated with all of Aizen's work, which he'd discovered a few months ago, which had prompted him into learning anything there was to know about the ginger.

Eventually, Aizen's guard dropped ever so slightly as their conversation shifted from personal history over to the world of technology, where Nikolay would basically fan over Aizen's inventions and would gape in awe as the ginger explained his current projects.

In the end, Aizen gave Nikolay his private phone number, and they could officially call themselves friends.