48: words

(Comment goal is 15.)

"Why does it feel like you're trembling?" Aizen questioned a few seconds into the hug. Immediately, Himuro stiffened before letting out a sigh.

"I guess I'm just kind of shaken up from Atsushi breaking the hoop," The parted as he smiled lightly. "If I'm feeling like this, I can't imagine what Seirin is feeling."

"Fair," The ginger hummed, tilting his head to the side affectionately.

"Um, Aizen," His gaze flickered between the man in front of him and the floor, almost nervously, as he spoke. "What do you think of my team? I'm just curious, since you're even more obsessed with basketball than me or Taiga."

"Well..." He trailed off, going to sit at one of the benches. Himuro took a seat next to him. "From what I've seen so far, your team is definitely a force to be reckoned with, especially on defense. However, you are all far too lax, considering how easy you're taking it," He assessed, which caused his friend's eyes to widen a fraction. "Think of it this way," The young master went on. "You've gotten so used to being able to cruise through games that you aren't taking into account surprise factors, which as I have seen definitely affect your overall morale. But other than that, Yosen is a solid team with some great players."

"Right," the shooting guard smiled. "Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it," After that, the two spent some time chatting and catching up with everything before Aizen walked Himuro back to his team. It had been announced over the speakers that the hoop had been replaced, and for each of the teams to return to the court within five minutes so the game could resume.

"Ah, there you are," The coach for Yosen said as Himuro emerged from the entrance. Then, her gaze hardened.

"Sorry we took so long, it's been a while since we met up so I might have taken too much time," Aizen apologized with a slight bow, smiling sheepishly once the two were in front of her.

"...No worries, we don't start for another two minutes or so," She replied warily. "Thanks for taking care of Himuro."

"He is my friend, there's no need for thanks," The ginger assured her before moving his gaze to the person they were talking about. "Well, I'll see you after the game, Tatsuya."

"Right," The two exchanged la bise, causing all jaws in the vicinity to drop. "Please cheer for us."

"Careful," Aizen teased as he turned, raising a hand goodbye. "I don't play favorites."

Right as he was about to make his way back up to the stands, Kuroko and Kagami appeared from the entrance. "A-Aizen," The latter gulped, fearing he was going to be punished for daring to touch Kirika right then and there. However, all the ginger did was smile.

"Ah, Taiga, Kuroko. Good luck, do your best," He patted the redhead's shoulder before taking a step closer and leaning in. "You're lucky I'm not giving you your punishment for touching Kirika right now. If you lose this game, you'll get it right after. If not," His grip on the other's shoulder tightened. "It'll be after the semis. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir," Kagami shuddered. Kuroko stepped up, opening his mouth to say something, only for Aizen to release the redhead and tuck his hand into his pocket.

"Oh, and by the way," He mused as he strolled away. "You shouldn't go around saying you'll propose, someone might get the wrong idea."

"...Dammit Tatsuya, now I got rejected before even asking!"

"What was he talking about, Kagami?"

"Uh, nothing! Mind your own business, come on we gotta get back to the others."

~*~

"Looks like we're facing Seirin in the semifinals," Ishida muttered as the team rose from their seats, seeing as it was time to head down to finish their warm up in preparation for their game.

"That's right," Takizawa agreed. "But first, we have the quarterfinals to play. Now, let's go kick Kaijo's ass."

"Yes sir!" The team cheered, already pumped up and ready to kick some Kaijo ass. Thus, the team filed down the stairs and came out through the entrance. Yosen and Seirin had already left, and Kaijo was getting set up on their side of the court.

Suddenly, a bad feeling permeated through Aizen's body, causing him to recall that Haizaki hadn't shown up yet. "Coach, I'm going to go give Haizaki a quick call to make sure he's on his way," He informed him.

"Oh, yeah, good idea," the coach nodded. "But try to get some warm up in, we can't have you going out stiff and cold."

"Roger that," The ginger smiled, jogging out the entrance and into the hallway after going up the stairs. Meanwhile, outside, things were already looking dire.

"How dare a weak, pompus girl talk badly about Aizen," Haizaki growled, his hand wrapped around Alex's neck as he held her up in the air. Himuro was already on the ground, out cold. "To even think that about him," His grip tightened, causing her to choke even more. "Is unforgivable."

"Go...to hell..." She spat. "Both of you!"

"Shit, lady," the ace chuckled, using his free hand to wipe the body fluid off his cheek. "I was already in a bad mood, but this just makes it worse. I was thinking about letting you go, but I think I'll just kill you and be done with it. That way," His eyes glinted with malicious intent. "Vermin like you won't pollute the planet."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU BASTARD?!" Kagami yelled, running towards them.

"Oh hey, it's Kagami," A smirk slid onto the ace's face. "This is perfect. Now I can kill two birds with one stone."

"LET HER GO, HAIZAKI!"

"Meh, don't feel like it," He shrugged. Just as he was about to crush her windpipe, Haizaki suddenly collapsed on the ground, which meant that Alex was dropped. She landed with a gasp on her back, the wind knocked out of her from the sudden impact.

"Now this is a sight," A voice the three were very familiar with said, stepping towards them with a ball in his hand.

"Aizen

"Aizen..." Kagami's eyes were wide, and they got wider as he realized what else as in his hand.

"Yano," Alex seethed.

"Yes, hate to see you too, old hag," the ginger's gaze was deadly to say the least as he regarded her for a moment, then moved to Haizaki. The ace was shaking on the ground, trying his best to hold back from doing anything more embarrassing. "Shogo."

"A..Aizen.." He looked up at him, tears in his eyes at the overwhelming sensations running through his body. "Please... please.."

"It's your own fault," He held the remote up, revealing the settings were on the highest level. Then, as Haizaki hung his head and gritted his teeth, Aizen glanced behind him to where Kagami, Alex and Himuro were. "You may not be good for much, but I'll leave tending to Tatsuya to you," he told Alex, who rolled her eyes but made her way over to the unconscious player anyway. "Not that this needs to be said, but don't tell anyone about this."

"Right," Kagami nodded, biting the inside of his cheek angrily. "I'll leave the rest to you, then."

"Yes," Aizen hummed, turning back and hoisting the ace up by his arm. "Come, we have a game to win."