24: no more dear diary

“Wha—Aomine?!” Kagami thundered, seeing the Touou ace panting as he stood in the doorway, his gaze fixed on his childhood friend.

“Dai-chan…” Momoi’s eyes were wide, and they got wider as he stalked towards her.

“Thanks for contacting me, Kirika,” He said, stopping in front of her for a moment. “I’ll take it from here.”

“Aomine,” Kuroko greeted, standing in front of Momoi. She stood up and rounded him, which seemed to surprise the phantom as his eyes widened a fraction.

“You’re such a jerk, Dai-chan,” The pinkette glared at him, causing the male to blink.

“Wa—” Then he paused, sighing as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah, I know... I’m sorry, alright? Let’s just go back.”

“Wait,” Riko stepped up, “What’s this about?”

“Mind your own—” The ace was elbowed in the gut, and Momoi smiled as he toppled over.

“Dai-chan was reckless when he faced Kise. I asked the coach to not play him after that. Aomine freaked out—”

“I didn’t freak out—”

“Then what do you call having to be dragged off the court?” She raised an eyebrow before returning to her explanation. “But the coach took him out of the lineup for the remaining games. He found out I was behind it today…”

“And I may have gone a bit overboard,” He grumbled, heaving a sigh. “Can we go home now, Satsuki?”

“I think so,” She took a second to bow to the Seirin team. “Thank you for having me. I’ll be sure to return your things soon.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Riko smiled, the two Seirin females seeing the two Touou members off.

“Oh, by the way,” Kirika remembered just before everyone left. “I won’t be here tomorrow or the next day, my family is doing something and I need to be there,” She informed them all. Kagami’s eyes widened.

“That’s fine,” Riko assured her, “Good luck with whatever you’re doing.”

“Yeah, hope you have fun,” Kiyoshi joined in as the redhead was suddenly on his phone, typing away and almost breaking the poor device as he did so.

“Thank you for understanding,” Kirika bowed before grabbing her bag. “Then, I’ll see you all in a few days!”

“Yeah,” Izuki smiled. “We’ll try not to ball without you.”

“Izuki shut up.”

~*~

“Are you sure you’re all packed?!”

“Do you need anything else?”

“WHY CAN’T I COME WITH YOU?!”

“Chill dude, he’s not going away forever.”

“For you maybe, but we won’t get to be on the same team anymore! How are we gonna survive?!”

“Calm down everyone,” The young man smiled warmly as he stood with his suitcase. The group was outside the airport from Washington DC, and they were surrounded by secret service agents. “I have everything, so don’t worry. I’ll see you all later,” He promised, his ginger hair glinting in the fall sun.

“Safe travels!”

“Welcome aboard, sir,” The pilot personally greeted him as some attendants took his bags.

“Thank you. I’ll be in your care,” He nodded, then was led to the cabin area and seated. The plane was empty except for him, a few attendants and the pilot and co-pilot.

“We will be taking off shortly, so please buckle your seat belts and turn all devices to airplane mode. There is in-flight WiFi for your enjoyment. Thank you for flying with us,” The automated voice rolled out over the speaker.

The young man sighed, leaning his chair back and putting his arm over his face. I’ll just sleep through this flight, he thought to himself, and sure enough, right after the plane took off, he was asleep.

When he awoke, one of the attendants was in front of him, smiling. “We’ll be landing soon, so please make sure your seat is upright, sir,” she told him. Yawning, he waved her away as he did as told and righted his seat.

Glancing out the window, the young man watched as they descended. The landing soon after was smooth, and he realized he shouldn’t have expected anything less from a pilot his employer had recommended. Finally, the seatbelt sign turned off, so he unbuckled and stood up.

“Let us be the first to welcome you back to Japan.”

“Good to be back,” A smirk slid its way onto Aizen’s face as he made his way off the private aircraft, collecting his baggage from the attendant on the ground. Getting out his phone, he dialed someone and held it to his ear as he walked. “Yeah, I just landed. You’re by the escalator? Got it.”

Discarding the device in his back pocket after ending the call, the young man made his way towards the terminal, and in turn, where his father was waiting for him. As he strode onto the escalator, he glanced around to see if he could spot the older man. It wasn’t until he was practically at the bottom that he was able to.

And his heart stopped. Before he knew it, he was running. Finally, he stood in front of his family, barely even breathing hard. His eyes were locked onto the ones of his little sister; the same green orbs he possessed stared back at him. “I’ll take your bags,” The chauffer broke the silence, and Aizen wordlessly handed them over.

“You’re as beautiful as the day I left,” Were the first words out of the young man’s mouth. Kirika’s face lit up as she giggled.

“Yeah right, I’m five years older now, dummy.”

“Just come here,” He reached out to grab her wrist when, suddenly, his mother’s arm intercepted. His eyes hardened as he practically glared at her.

“We’re on public property, Aizen,” She reminded him. His facial expression didn’t change.

“It’s okay, mom,” The female ginger assured her, moving the blocking appendage aside. “He’s not like that!” The moment of hesitation from his mother was Aizen’s opening, and he used it to pull his sister into his arms.

“God, I missed you,” He nuzzled his way into the crook of her neck as she hugged him back. The two adults gaped at his audacity.

“I’m not God.”

“You are to me.”

“Wow, you’ve gotten cheesier,” She giggled, squeezing him a bit. The action made the young man smile, knowing she was with him again. That he could protect her again, rather than just sending his people to watch over her and report to him about her movements.

Now, he was back with his little sister, his Kirika, and that was all that mattered.

(Yes, the actual main character has arrived!! There will be an full picture of him next chapter, so I'll see you all tomorrow!)