14

Lucy's Pov

It's been a week since the kiss. Neither one of us has said anything and to be honest we are just pretending like it didn't happen. I guess it didn't mean anything to him, which is fair, he's a rockstar, he could have any girl in the world.

Although my heart hurts knowing he most likely didn't even think twice about the kiss, I do not regret kissing him back. The man in that room alone with me, was different to the grumpy exterior Luke shows on the outside. He was so sincere and genuine, like I was his entire world, but now he has said hardly a word to me since it happened.

I had just finished performing for the night. My hair was down in long dark waves, with shimmering, glossy makeup. I had on a luminescent purple rhinestone dress on that looked awesome in the stage lighting. My ankle had finally healed enough to wear proper heels again which I loved, even though I was naturally tall, heels just made me feel powerful in a way.

I had just grabbed a drink from my dressing room and was about to walk through the door to the part of the arena the rest of the team watched the performances. I push open the heavy door and make my way out into the crowd, the lights had just turned off and the boys were about to come on stage.

I had always loved this part of concerts, when the bustling crowd screams as soon as the lights turn off and the music starts to play, almost as if so much excitement had filled the room it could explode.

The boys walked on stage. Luke was up front and centre. He was born to perform, you can tell from the way he lights up as soon as he is in front of a crowd. The way he controls the crowd is just incredible, his eyes light up and turn into a smooth summer ocean swell. His eyes are the same colour of the sea back home, makes me that home sickness just a little bit better.

They start performing their set. The coloured lighting illuminated room, smoke machines fogging up the stuffy atmosphere.  I sway my hips to the beat of the song, smiling seeing my new friends doing what they do best. It's funny how something so foreign, like performing in front of thousands of people every night, becomes a normality. 

I'm completely zoned out when I feel a tap on my back. I turn around to be met with a familiar face, my year 10 best friend slash boyfriend, Christian. Christian moved overseas at the end of year when I was 16, causing our short lived romantic relationship to come to an end.  We were friends for years before we got together and were only together for a couple months before he had to move away. He was my first kiss.

"Oh my god Christian!" I say going in for a hug.
He kindly returns the gesture and gives me a small peck on the head whilst cuddling.

"Hi Lulu" he says chuckling leaning back to see my face. I Lean back still in his embrace smiling as I had missed my old friend.  He looks so much older, more mature than when I last saw him, although he was only a year older than me, I must look like a child next to him.

"Oh my, you've changed so much" I say still smiling looking back at his straight brown hair falling slightly on his face, I go to push it away from his eyes before he stops my hand. I look at him confused.

" I don't think Mr rockstar over there would be very happy with me touching you" he says leaning back and signalling over to the stage.

I look over at the stage and make eye contact with Luke. His face looks livid, his eyes make contact with mine before looking away. I sigh, not quite sure what to do.

"Here, how about we go have a chat somewhere more quiet?" He asks softly

I nod my head and take him to my dressing room. He snakes his arm around my waist, making me slightly uncomfortable. I try not to think about it.