20

Lucy's Pov

Today's has continued to be a non eventful day. After I got Luke out of bed we had a nice breakfast and then went to sound check. The rest of the day was just spent mucking around the arena as we waited for the fans to start arriving.

Luke all day has had an odd look in his eye. Everytime he would look at me, it looked like he was trying to convey something through his eye contact. Instead of reading into it I just let myself drown in the ocean that is his eyes.

It was 6:15pm, I go on stage in 15 minutes. Sasha just finished doing my hair and makeup for tonight's show. The boys and I decided on a 70's theme for tonight's show, the boys tweeted about it earlier so the fans can match with us.

I'm wearing a 70's style mini dress with green and beige swirls on it. It has a slight flare at the hip and the sleeves were flared at the wrist and had feathers collecting at the hem. I was wearing platform heels in a beige colour and my hair was curled back into swept back bangs and waves. This was probably one of my favourite looks so far, it was just so fun.

"So how is Luke" sasha cheekily remarks as we walk to the boys dressing room "does someone have a boyfriend?" She teases further.

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment, not only because of her liking for Luke but also because she was yet to know what her and Luke were.

"Umm I'm not sure" I stumble out.

"Hmmm seems like Luke needs to get his shit together" Sasha sassily remarks about the tall blonde boy.

I give a slight knock on the door before continuing into the boys dressing room. They were all standing around each other which drinks in their hands. The boys are all dressed in a 70's style, but I only notice Luke.

He's wearing a silk beige shirt, matching the tan in my dress, with black pants that had a slight flare at the leg. His shirt is unbuttoned so far down his chest I'm wondering why he is even bothering to wear it, not that I mind, I'm enjoying the view.

"Would you look at that!" Calum remarks, "you're looking slightly less ugly" he giggles.

"You wanna fight Hood?" I say pretending to get ready to take a swing.

"Jesus Luke, tame your woman" Calum giggles teasing Luke an I further. The question of what we are still rattles my mind.

After I've made my presence clear with boys, they calm down and go back to drinking and laughing with each other.

After a while Luke sneakily takes a seat next to me on the black leather couch. His hand makes contact with my thigh.

"You're going to get body glitter on your hand" I giggle at his action. His face turns to meet mine, although in a room full of people, this moment feels intimate.

"I don't care, it's worth it" he whispers, his eyes burning into my own. I try and hide my blush by leaning into him and resting my head on his shoulder. He chuckles and wraps an arm around my narrow body.

As my head makes contact with his shoulder he leans down to place a kiss on the top of my head.
"You look beautiful" he whispers.

"Stop" I whisper back, face completely flushing red.

"Stop what?" He smiles down at me amused.

"You know what" I say referring to his compliments.

"I don't know what you're talking about baby" he smiles, his deep voice rasping and sending thrills down my spine.

I stay silent and hide my face in his shoulder, only making him laugh even more. I see he finds joy in my embarrassment.

"Come on love," he smiles caressing my shoulder, " I've gotta make you feel as beautiful as you look"

At his final compliment I realise it's time for me to go on stage, the crew call my name and say I have three minutes until I am on.

"Go do your thing gorgeous" he grins down at me, no longer bothering to whisper. He taps my hips signalling for me to get up.

I walk down the hall, the crew quickly put in my in ears and then it's time for me to go on stage. I perform a couple high paced rock songs before sitting down at a piano in the middle of stage.

A spotlight shines down on me, illuminating the piano and myself. I look out into the crowd as u start to play the intro in the song I'm going to sing.

"Tonight, if you don't mind of course, I would like to tell you a story of a little girl who grew up in the suburbs of Sydney Australia." I speak into the microphone as I continue playing the piano.

"This girl was always quiet. Never felt the need to speak her opinion as she was silenced by her naivety. She never really got to do what she loved and put herself down, telling herself that if there is always someone better what's the point in trying?"

"She never really played around with boys in high school, she had good grades and tried her best in everything. But no one is ever truely silent, as one can never be silent to themselves. This girl would go home and write music on her guitar and piano. She would sing in the shower like an entire crowd was watching her. Little did she know that she would opening for one of the biggest pop bands in the world."

"Tonight, I'd like to sing you a song this little Aussie girl wrote in her bedroom about starting new and becoming free by letting herself go."

"The drought was the very worst" I sing into the microphone, the crowd cheers loudly as I start to sing.

I let myself get lost in the music and I feel myself becoming who I truely am by letting go of the past.

"Rain came pouring down
When I was drowning, that's when I could finally breathe
And by morning
Gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean"