2

Lucy's pov

I woke up amongst the soft white sheets of my hotel room bed, I roll around for a while finding a will to get up before grabbing my phone off of the side table and scrolling through my phone.

After a couple of minutes of scrolling through Instagram. I get a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number: hi,this is Luke Hemmings from 5sos, management just told me to send you a message telling you that a car will be picking you up from the hotel at around midday. Hope you had a safe flight :-)

I feel a grin form onto my face realising that this isn't a dream and in fact my new reality. I quickly text back to seem punctual.

Lucy:
Thankfully I am here in one piece. Thanks for the message.

Luke
No problem, see you soon.

I start to wonder what he meant by soon until I look at the clock and realise that midday is 10 minutes away. I quickly get out of bed and grab an outfit out of my hand luggage as my suitcase had been sent straight to the tour bus.

I grab out a pair of jeans and a pink crop top with a lace edge, I also grab my Air Force 1's and quickly tie them on before grabbing all my belongs a stuffing them back into my hand luggage. I quickly brush my hair before putting on light makeup and leaving my long hair to wave naturally. I grab my belongings and walk down to the lobby to wait for the car.

When I see a big black car pull up I don't really know what to expect, but when a driver pulls out a white sign with my name on it, I know it's mine. I quickly walk towards the car before saying a quick thank you and letting myself in.

The short ride is quiet but peaceful as I let myself daydream about what is to come. I am dropped off outside a large arena, being escorted through the car park by security guards and eventually through the arena as well.

As I walk through the back stage area of the arena all around me I hear music. I hear the most beautiful singing I think I have ever heard in my life. I let myself sway to the music as I walk getting lost in the angelic voice. I don't even realise we have come to a complete stop until I notice the two security guards walk the opposite direction. I notice I am stopped off in front of a door with the label 'tour managers' on it.

I knock before letting myself in. I see a room of people turn their heads at me. Silence filled the room.

"I'm Hi, I'm Lucy Thompson, these two security guards led me here" I say hopeful for an answer.

"Ahh yes, hi I'm John and I'm the tour manager. Welcome to the team" a man said as he walked towards me.

"Lovely to meet you"

"You too, Now I'll take you to the stage for your first sound check" he said leading me out of the room and I back through the hallways.

"Now you said you have already made a basic set list, yes?" He questions me. I nod attentively yo his question.

"Good. Basically you can sing technically whatever you want as long as you make sure the band behind you knows the music but do try to stick to the set list as it makes life easier" he informs. As he finishes what we were saying he stops outside another door which says stage right.

"Now I'm going to go and sit down by the audience, you get up there kiddo" he says patting my back and promptly walking away.

I take a deep breath I'm thinking about what is going to happen next. I grab the door handle and push the heavy door out of my way. My feet tap against the floor as I walk out from behind the curtains and into the bright lights.

I walk centre stage as I try not to look at the several people in the audience watching me, I can't imagine what it's going to be like with the stadium full.

"Ok Lucy, let's start with selfish yeah?"
I nod before hearing the band play the intro to the song.

Song after song we go through the list. I let go of my tension ever so slightly as I sing the music.

After soundcheck I'm led back down the long hallways towards my dressing room I walk in seeing several people already waiting for me there.

"Hello, I'm Sasha and I'm yours and the boys hair stylist, I have a feeling we will be good friends" a woman says as she come ups to me and pulls me into a hug. I hug her back saying a quick hello to everyone else before realising the only people I haven't met yet are the boys that invited me on this tour in the first place.

Just as that thought crosses my mind, four tall men enter the room. Growing up I listened to some of 5sos's music but never really knew their names or went to one of their concerts, so me sing naive, I had no idea who these men were.

The four men continue into my room and curiously I tap Sasha on the back.
"Who are they?" I ask
"Babe, they are 5 seconds of summer"
My mouth forms into an o shape before seeing one of them spot me and walk over to me. I pretend to me talking to a group of people before I feel a tap on my back.

I turn around to see a tall man with dirty blonde almost brownish hair.
"Hi I'm Ashton" he smiled putting his hand out to shake mine.

"Hi I'm Lucy" I say taking his hand shake and giving him a toothy grin.

"Me and those three blokes are five seconds of summer" he says pointing to the three other tall guys, they see Ashton pointing at them and they walk over.

"Wait, are you Australian?" I say realising that Ashtons accent was like mine.

"Yep sure am, all of us are actually, we grew up in sydney together." He says as his friends gather around me.

"Oh cool, same. Well not together but sydney none the less." I say chuckling.

"I'm Michael by the way" the blonde one with straight hair says putting his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm calum" said the Asian looking one, well he doesn't look fully Asian he could be Tongan or even New Zealander.

"I'm Luke" the final boy says, the tallest of the bunch with blonde curly hair. Immediately I felt attracted to him, but he is obviously older than me, me being 18 so I quickly throw back that option and smile and greet them back.