01.

The cold wind blew harshly, whirling Nari's hair around

She shivered slightly as she clutched her arms closer to her body, somehow engulfing it with her arms in order not to freeze.

The autumn leaves had turned into many different colors, she loved the sight of it yet all she wanted was to finally arrive at the small café she was going to study at, one of her friends already waiting for her to so they could accompany each other while preparing for their exams.

A sigh of relief escaped her mouth once she entered the small place, a nice warmth surrounding her the moment she opened the door, causing the small bell to ring.

The smell of pastries and cakes mixed with a strong coffee scent wavering into her nose, her eyes travelled over the tables in order to find the male waiting for her.
Her lips curled up in a wide grin when she found him, his laptop already in front of him, he took a sip of his coffee. She quickly strode towards the table and sat right counterpart.

„Renjunnie!", squealing, she began taking out her pens and books.
„Finally, I thought you'd dump me", the older rolled his eyes but his expression quickly changing into a joking smile.

„There's no way I would ever dump you, darling", Nari laughed and got up to order a coffee as well, unaware of the slight tint of pink appearing on Renjun's cheeks as she walked away.

Deep down he knew he had developed feelings for her that went beyond being best friends.

He sighed heavily, staring down into his coffee. Renjun knew he'd never have the courage to confess even though he had imagined the scenario in his head multiple times.

Once Nari returned with a huge grin and a coffee in her hand, he snapped out of it and smiled back at her.
„So let's go we've got a lot of work ahead", averting his eyes on the stack of papers in front of him, trying to forget about the girl counterpart and reminding himself about his promise to never let her know.

As it was getting quite late, the two decided to finally head home, the café about to close soon anyways.
Nari let out a yawn while stretching her arms, her best friend secretly admiring her actions. „Gather your things, I'm walking you home", the boy said looking at her tiredly.

„Junnie, you seem so tired, I can walk home by myself! It's fine really", she looked down, not wanting him to stay awake even longer only for him to accompany her.
She was a grown woman who didn't need anyone to protect her. That's what she thought at least.

„No. Seong Nari, you have no clue how dangerous the streets can be at night and I don't want anything to happen to my best friend. I'm walking you home and that's final you stubborn idiot.", Renjun snapped, grabbing her wrist causing him to flinch upon the electrifying touch. He gulped and dragged her out of the café.