22.

„What happened to your face?", Nari asked Renjun in worry once she met her two friends outside the classroom, completely disregarding his outstretched arms that waited for her to give in to a hug

Her fingertips lightly brushed against his cheek and his heartbeat quickened immediately. It still did whenever she got close to him or spared him any attention.
The boy only groaned in annoyance, remembering the demon trio him and Mark met the previous night.
„Well, we happened to meet a group of demons yesterday.", he seethed out, not wanting to go into detail, remembering how he could've died if it wasn't for one of them to stop the others.
Renjun hated that he wouldn't have been able to fend off the demon that had held him in a headlock, and he hated how he shamelessly had flirted with him.

„But you obviously got away", she responded before raising an eyebrow at the two men in question.
„Did you kill them?"
„We didn't.", Renjun hissed in anger.
Mark then added in a rather calm tone: „It's all good, we really didn't kill anyone, neither did we seriously hurt them.", he rubbed soft circles on the female's back.
„Alright", Nari sighed exhaustedly while rubbing her eyes, „any plans for today?"
„Mark and I are gonna prepare for another mission, I was asked to help him with a few techniques since I'm better at them.", he smiled cheekily at his male friend who rolled his eyes.
The eldest only ignored the statement and turned towards the girl.

„Anyways, you?"
„Oh, I'm just gonna head to the library to study a bit before I'll go home and enjoy a peaceful evening, probably with some k-drama and ramen."
She smiled at the boys widely before hugging them and sparing Renjun's injury another worried glance, her hand meeting his cheek once again.
„And you should treat your cut once you return home. I'll be off, guys. Bye!"

And with that, she turned on her heel and stepped toward the library, her hair whirling in the fresh spring air.

„Maybe I should get hurt more often.", Renjun mumbled while absentmindedly touching the skin her fingers had laid on seconds ago.

Nari's quiet steps echoed trough the silent library, making her earn a few brief glances as she proceeded to walk toward the table she shared with the demon boy ever so often.
Her face lit up at the sight of his tall figure sitting at said desk, his cheeks were lightly puffed as he seemed to feel frustrated about the sketch he currently worked on.
A soft smile tugged at the girl's lips, secretly finding the look on his face utterly cute.

„What's with the frustrated look?", she asked while sitting down, continuing to smile at him.
Jisung winced in surprise before looking up at her wide-eyed.
„Whoa, you startled me...", he spoke, shaking his head.

„I just can't seem to figure out the right angle for this perspective."

Disappointment darted across his face for a split second. Her heart ached at the sight.
„Hey, that's completely fine. It is to be expected for a beginner to not get things done perfectly in an instant. Do you want me to help?", Nari asked softly, bending forward to take a closer look at the paper in front of him.
He only nodded, looking down at his fiddling fingers.
Confused, Jisung's fingers grasped the fabric of his Chrome Hearts zip up hoodie that he loved so dearly. His heart beat heavily against his ribcage, clouding his mind with questions as to why his body reacted that way.
Was it some health issue? Was he getting sick?