23.

„Maybe you're right, maybe this is all that I can be"

Nari's eyes still hung on the painting Jisung had made the day before

Rays of sunshine illuminated the canvas, making it shine in a vibrant tone. She wondered how someone who had no art experience was able to create such an amazing artwork, a masterpiece if one'd ask the female.
Her fingers softly grazed over the black that mixed with deep red and a shade of yellow that shone golden in the sunlight, watched how the colors mixed in an abstract painting.
A certain glimmer was held in her dark orbs and eventually she got up, still in her pajamas, making her way to the bathroom to get ready for university.

Nari gripped her hair in frustration as she noticed flashbacks of the raven haired boy hitting her more often recently.
When she passed the kitchen, she remembered how he had tried to cook ramen with her, how close he had been to her own body.

When had he become such a close friend to her? Thinking hard, she couldn't come up with any other explanation as to why she suddenly seemed to care so much about the young demon.
It amazed her how time really could change things on occasion.
She never thought there'd be a day she'd like the male, where she'd even befriend him and where he was someone she admired and cared about, yet here she was, and she highly hoped he felt the same about her.
It was a miracle to her how he had changed his mind and went from wanting her dead to wanting her as a friend, but eventually she began to trust him, the questions that clouded her mind slowly fading and slipping.

Nari sighed, brushing her hair a little more firm as if it'd rid the thoughts of Jisung.
An exhale left her mouth while she stepped outside the bathroom, prepared to leave for university.

The faint wind hit her face, leaving a pink hue on her nose and cheeks as it whirled her hair in the air.

Unconsciously, her eyes roamed the students hurrying to their classes, searching for one not-so-human boy.
She stood in front of her assigned building and waited, part of her convincing herself she was just getting some fresh air before heading downstairs to the training rooms, part of her desperately wanted to catch a glimpse of the jet-black hair and the pair of onyx tinted eyes.

Then, as she turned around to head inside, accepting the fact that she wouldn't see him before class today, she collided with a firm chest, making her heartbeat quicken immediately.

„I-m so so- wait, Jisung?"
„Whoa, whoa tiger, slow it. Good morning", the taller softly grinned at her, his hands steadying her shoulders cautiously and remaining there for a short while as the two stood.

When she looked up at him, her heart fluttered and she froze in spot.

„Were you looking for someone?", he asked while his hands now gently caressed her shoulders and his gaze swept over the few people that were left on the campus, hurrying inside for their classes.