03.

The warm sunshine fell on her sleepy figure, a knock on her door making her slowly wake up

The warm sunshine fell on her sleepy figure, a knock on her door making her slowly wake up. She grunted and turned around, yet the noise didn't fade.

„Yah Renjun, stop that", she yelled, slightly annoyed he interrupted her sleep.

The sleepy girl turned in her bed while covering her whole body and face with the soft blanket. She inhaled the fresh scent of the fabric softener she recently used, grunting again as she got up and stomped towards the apartment door.

Revealing her best friend behind it, she flung the door open and gave him an annoyed and tired look.
„Hey, I was just recovering from that nightmare I had last night and got back to sleep when you had to wake me up again. On a Saturday." , she snapped as she went back and laid down in her bed.
Renjun followed suit and sat down next to her on her bed.

„You had a nightmare again? What happened? Nari, are you getting enough sleep? Is something bothering you right now? You know you can always talk to me, right?", the older one furrowed his brows in concern and scanned her face in order to see her reaction and find an answer.

„It's alright, I was just being attacked by some creature while walking back home alone from the library at night- right, what happened yesterday when you and Mark left?"

„Oh, we kind of guarded my home but nothing actually happened, the guy my mom saw outside didn't appear again so-", suddenly he stopped talking.
Renjuns eyes widened at the inconspicuous object that suddenly caught his attention.

He went silent for a a moment, just focusing on it and hesitating to ask Nari, yet he had to. He had to make sure this was all a coincidence and it had nothing to do with what he dreaded.

„Junnie? Are you okay? Oh no way- did my nose bleed at night? You know that happens some times-", she babbled.

His eyes averted from what they were looking at and he met her gaze.

„Nari, where did you get this?"

She peeked at what he pointed at. Her eyes slowly widened the moment she saw the silky pitch-black feather that laid on her pillow right next to where she slept.
The female let out a scream and blenched.

It looked exactly like one of those feathers that emblazoned the graceful dark wings of the creature she had met last night in her dreams.

Was it a coincidence?

Did a bird just accidentally enter her room through the window? But would it have such huge feathers?
There was no other way than it being a bird though, creatures like the one her mind came up with at night didn't really exist.

„I- Renjun, I have no clue at all.... It might just have been a bird, still it's slightly odd, the feather does remind me of my dream", the girl answered while eyeing the object on her pillow.