31.

Why would he need a girl when he could be feeling the thrill of taking a human's life? Who needed love when there was power?  Especially when he was a demon, hellfire's prince, to be exact

Who needed love when there was power?
Especially when he was a demon, hellfire's prince, to be exact.
He was born from the queen of the evil, from ashes and embers and flames, Park Jisung didn't need love to feel satisfied, to feel complete; or so he told himself like a mantra, repeating the phrases over and over.

He wondered why he had followed his mother's advice in the first place. Sure, the idea of inflicting the utmost pain pleased him, but why hadn't he chosen the much faster way, ending her live for good?
Why hadn't he just gone after her until finally she would have given up?
He hadn't thought of possibly getting himself into trouble in the process either, yet here he was, trying to sort out his feelings, trying to separate anger from infatuation.

Jisung had no one to talk to about his confusion, no one to tell about his disappointment and hurt when Nari slipped right through his fingers.
There was no way he could tell Jeno and Jaemin about it, let alone his mother.

All the young demon wished for was to rid himself of the unsettling amount of emotions that were overwhelming him and slowly starting to spill over.

The nights had been somber, atrocious; he had certainly stirred up the area.
Rumors had it the city was unsafe during night time, one would say some wicked killer was on their hunt for defenseless prey, which wasn't far off, really.
Just that the murderous stranger was no human.

In order to compensate the rejection, he acted on his bloodlust.
Nights were spent entirely on hunts, with Jeno and Jaemin or without company, it didn't matter.
But even taking those people's life was no where to be satisfying to Jisung, and it annoyed him to no end.
So, he took more and more of them, yet with no success.
He just couldn't stop thinking about her.

He couldn't stop thinking about how he wanted to see her smile, how he wanted to make her laugh, how he wanted to hold her hand and hug her tightly, hell, his wishes went even beyond that.
It was upsetting.
He knew he shouldn't be yearning for these things, for her, but his heart disagreed.

Why was it that he had to be able to feel this way, that he was one of the very few demons capable of experiencing emotions other than hatred and anger? Why was it that he craved not only blood and death, but also affection?
Satan's son wasn't supposed to feel that way, to behave that way, to live that way.

Just what did he need to do to make it stop?
Did he really need to kill her?
Would that be the solution to all of his troubles?

Jisung was on yet another hunt, standing within the shadows of one of the few alleys that weren't entirely abandoned.
Hiding his true self, he stood in human appearance, leaning against the cold bricks of a building.
He was almost blending in with the wall, seeing as his outfit was all black, naturally suiting his persona.
His body was covered in some ripped jeans that accentuated his long legs and a loose t-shirt that he tucked in, combined with a black washed-out denim jacket and his usual set of rings and necklaces. Simple black boots adorned his feet.