20.

Nari felt herself losing focus as she was training late in the evening in the hunter department

Nari felt herself losing focus as she was training late in the evening in the hunter department. She wanted to be alone and focus on improving her self-defense and just couldn't help but feel her thoughts repeatedly drift off to the night she cooked ramen with Jisung.

She had trained and then studied the whole day, so she didn't really blame herself for lacking concentration, yet it felt frustrating.

Her kicks weren't as high as usual, her punches not as powerful and rapid, her knives and arrows didn't hit the bullseye like they recently would have.
She sighed in exhaustion and reached for her water bottle.
The cold liquid ran down her esophagus, leaving a refreshing feeling that lingered only for a short second.

Her mind went back to Jisung's cute, confused expression when she told him to not use detergent when washing the onions, to the sight of his hand next to the pot of ramen, to how close his face felt to hers when she turned around only to see the corner of his mouth pulling up into a smirk.

She remembered how her cheeks flushed, and they heated up again at the memory.
Thinking about it, it almost felt like a date. The red on her cheeks deepened by a shade, luckily she couldn't see it.
This was ridiculous, she thought.

Why did it feel like a date to her?
If even, they were friends, was all.
He was a handsome friend, yeah, but nothing more than that.

Nari felt embarrassed, pushing the image of his face close to hers away, trying to regain focus and continuing her practice.
She undid the bandages she had wrapped around her hands for protection and reattached them since they had loosened before stepping in front of the punching bag again.

After a short while, the girl went from working on her punches and kicks to throwing knives.
Her movements still lacked force from the exhaustion but hit the bullseye at some point, which made her smile in satisfaction.

This time, when Jisung and Nari parted ways after studying, he didn't leave like he did last time she told him she still had things to get done and instead watched as she snuck into a building.

The boy waited outside for a while, scrolling through pictures Jaemin had taken of him for his Instagram feed and deciding on one that he liked before tapping the upload button.
The photo showed him standing in front of a river as he turned his head to look back at Jaemin.
In an instant, his post was liked by people he didn't even know, and he locked his phone as he waited for the girl to return.

An hour had passed and Jisung began to feel impatient, deciding to head inside the building and look for the girl.
Did something happen to her?
Cautious to not be seen, the boy tiptoed towards the door and looked left and right before quietly opening it. His senses sharpened as he focused on his surroundings.

The building was oddly quiet and dark.
Looking at the rooms on the ground floor, everything looked just the same as in the architecture department.