35.

"So how was last night for you? We lost each other when you went to get yourself another drink

"So how was last night for you? We lost each other when you went to get yourself another drink.", Renjun mumbled and grinned while he handed Nari a glass of water and a painkiller.

"Ugh, your voice is so loud..", she groaned and held her head, her face contorting in pain, "I honestly don't remember.. My mind kinda goes blank after the last drink..", the girl frowned as she tried hard to recall what had happened a few hours ago.

"Damn, that sucks. But explains your hangover.", he shrugged and stared at the ground.
"Anyway, Mark's coming over for breakfast soon, we figured we could all use it after the party and all the stress of exam season."
His words instantly brought a smile to her face and she sighed happily.
"Seriously, you two are the best, I'm starving.", Nari rubbed her rumbling stomach.

Shortly after, the doorbell rang and Nari happily skipped to the door, now fully dressed and freshened up.
Her delicate hands ripped open the door in excitement and she beamed at Mark, grabbing the paper bag from his hands.
"Hey-", he exclaimed with wide eyes, looking at his empty hands before sighing and following the girl inside the house.

"Oh, hi Renjun! When did you get here?", Mark asked in confusion as they bumped shoulders, looking from Renjun to Nari.
"Right, since when are you here-", she stopped and frowned.

"I slept on your couch, you, uh.. weren't quite.. able to walk home on your own. Besides, we established that you shouldn't go alone, didn't we?", the hunter mumbled and scratched his head, feeling uncomfortable.

"Oh, yeah..", Nari muttered embarrassed. Why had she let herself go like that?

"Well, let's have breakfast, guys!", Mark chimed in cheerfully, freeing the girl from the highly uncomfortable situation.
She exhaled and nodded, quickly following the eldest of the group into her kitchen.

Nari quickly tore open the bag and distributed its contains, bagels filled with cream cheese and other toppings, onto the plates before pouring coffee for everyone and finally leading them to the dining table.
They sat quietly for a while, munching on their bagels and sipping on their hot coffee without a word.
The headache seemed to be diminishing; Nari sighed in contentment.

"This is so delicious! Thank you so much, Mark.", she mumbled and took another bite of her bagel.

"Sure, I knew we'd need it. Especially since Renjun and I encouraged you to drink. By the way, who was that guy you were with last night? Is he your boyfriend?", Mark grinned with curious eyes and wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

Nari, on the other hand, choked on her bagel and began coughing.

"What guy?", Renjun and Nari asked in unison, staring at Mark in shock.
Mark swallowed his bite before asking wide-eyed: "What, you don't remember?".

Pain flashed in Renjun's eyes, yet he turned to Nari and kept his eyes on her, somewhat hopeful.

"Oh, the bartender?"