33.1.

Nari woke up feeling worn out from the extra training she had had the last night

Nari woke up feeling worn out from the extra training she had had the last night. Her muscles were sore, aching with every single move she made.

For the past few weeks, she had been getting in extra trainings almost every night, in an attempt to keep up with the other novice hunters.
Her days consisted only of classes, avoiding Jisung, studying until the late evening, then extra training at night and only a few hours of sleep.
Slowly, she sat up, channeling her energy to get out of bed and slowly step into the bathroom.
Well, at least she was sure it had helped her improve her skills.

Facing her reflection in the mirror, she wasn't even surprised to find a familiar tiredness on her unnaturally pale face.
Her hands moved quickly to get ready for university, brushing her teeth, doing her skin care routine, trying to cover up the dark circles around her eyes with some make-up and brushing her hair to tie it in a tight ponytail.
She chose an all-black outfit, a long sleeved flexible shirt and a snug pair of leggings that hugged her lower body perfectly, reaching down to her ankles. Seeing as she would have her first practical test today, she hoped it would be suitable and comfortable at the same time.
She tied her laces and quickly grabbed something to eat from the otherwise empty fridge, mentally reminding herself she'd have to go grocery shopping soon.

She was nervous, anxiety of the unknown pulsing through her veins.
She had no idea what a practical test for hunters would be like, would she have to fight mannequins, classmates, her professors? Would there be a parkour, a track, a fighting ring?

Her fingers grasped the keys from the kitchen table; arms slipping through the sleeves of her zip-up hoodie and pulling up the hood while rushing out the door.
The pain was long forgotten as her mind wandered to the test, quickly making her way to the university.

Mindlessly, she weaved her way through the people on campus, accidentally bumping into another student.
She mumbled a "sorry" at the impact, yet when she spun around from the force, her breath got caught in her throat.

Jisung.

For a moment they stared at each other, mindlessly getting lost in each other's eyes.
She was shocked to see him, speechless, even. Distraught, she turned around and shook her head, trying to get him out of her mind, in desperate need of focus.
To her advantage, she missed his hand reaching for her own smaller one, grasping thin air as he missed her by inches as she dissipated.

Her hasty steps carried her to the entrance of the department, every cell in her body urging her to run from the pain he sparked within.

They can not know, never.

The words echoed restlessly in her mind, she was terrified of the hunters finding out about their connection eventually.
Why had she been so foolish all this time?
Someone might have already connected the dots, seeing right through his façade; ultimately unveiling his demon self.
Nari didn't believe there was a chance they knew he was satan's son. After all, the professors kept talking about her having a son, yet there was no lead to his identity. Still, the mere fact that she had been talking to a demon was utterly dangerous for the both of them.